Chapter 9

Continuation of Chapter 8

Alizea

We all sat in the lobby of my mom's gynie doctor waiting for Ajarie's name to be called.

"So, Gianna and Malik will be joining us for dinner?"

"Yes" I responded.

"Should I call somebody to come get the twins and Ava?"

"No" me and Ajarie said at the same time. We agreed to have them there to be buffers in conversation. Right now they were at Miss Lillian house.

"Okay Okay. What should I cook?"

"Nothing, We'll cook you just come downstairs and be ready" Yasmine said.

"Ajarie David" a nurse said walking out the door. We all stood up and followed the nurse. When we got the examination room, me and Yas took a seat in the two chairs while my mom stood. I tried to get her to sit but she wasn't having it.

"Now Amaya, It better be a dang good reason you out the house only two weeks after a C and you called me in to work on my day off. You better be lucky I love ya behind." I'm guessing that's Doctor Jamisha.

"Dang Mish. Hello to you too" my mom said hugging her. "and I think Ajarie is pregnant."

"Hmm. 7 lbs 4 oz September 28th. Best and Worst day ever. Speaking of that your birthday is in 2 weeks" The doctor said putting on gloves. "Ya mama here was snapping on me so bad. I almost quit being her doctor."

"Jamisha girl whatever."

"I was called everything but a good child of the Lord." we all started laughing because I can only imagine. "Then with Alizea, she had den slapped me, telling me I need my license took. That's when she was restrained."

"Ma you hit her?" I asked. I was surprised fr.

"That's what everybody claim, but i don't remember that." The lies she tell.

"Okay Ajarie. I had you pee in the cup earlier and the results do say you are pregnant. 2 weeks approximately" she said looking at the clipboard. My heart dropped. She's too young to have a baby. "How you feel? Any nausea?"

"I did feel kinda nauseous this morning but I thought it was nerves about today" she said.

"Okay babygirl. Lay on back so I can put this gel on your stomach." I stood up and stood on the other side of Ajarie, holding her hand.

"Zea, I'm scared. I want my daddy" Ajarie was never a daddy's girl till she got scared.

"The gel is gonna be cold" I watched the monitor as the lil probe thingy moved. "Okay look. Usually around two weeks you can't see anything" she pointed at the screen "At about four weeks, things will start to appear. I only did this today for informational purposes"

"You have any questions Ajarie?" my mom asked.

"I won't be able to play sports anymore will I?"

"Well you can, but i recommend not playing till the baby is like 6 months. The body needs time to recoup. So if you give up cheer next year, I'm giving you basketball season. Summer ball for sure. Senior year especially."

"i guess that's okay." she said.

"Alright. Prescription will be sent to the pharmacy. Get my number from your mom if you have anymore questions. You have a family who loves you, so take advantage of it. Let them help you okay." She nodded. "I'll see you guys next month"

Once we left, we picked up pizza and the babies and went home. I still have to tell Ajarie I'm moving and I wanna do it before dinner.

"Ajarie can we talk before we watch the movie?" She nodded taking a bite of her pizza.