Chapter 27

Alonzo

"Hello Mr. Alonzo. What can I get you today?" the florist, Julia said as I walked into Ollie's Flowers and More. It's her father's, Oliver, floral shop. I found this out about day 4 of me coming here.

"I don't know what haven't I got yet?" I asked defeated.

I have been getting flowers for Amaya for at least two weeks now. We were doing good until one day she started to ignore me. I thought she just had a bad day, so I sent her flowers with a sweet handwritten card. Then, I texted her the next day and I still did not receive a response so I sent flowers to her job. I stop by her house for the next couple days with flowers and she still hasn't gave me a response.

I just want her to be straight the fuck up with me. If I did something, she needs to let me know what I did instead of having me looking crazy sending her flowers.

"Actually get me a vase of roses" I said. Imma just slide these to my mom to make her day.

"Yes sir" she said grabbing a vase.

I was growing really fond of her lifestyle and her kids. I learned their schedules pretty quickly because I knew when the kids had busy days then she was slightly stressed. When she had easy days she was so mellow. She cooked almost everyday and the food she cooks is very good.

I miss her though. I am too old for games and shenanigans...

Ajarie

"Oooooo Jordan is so fine" I said eating my bowl of icecream.

"Nahh. Spencer the fine one" Yasmine said.

"Yasmine get fucked up babygirl" Alizea said through the phone. Alizea was on facetime while all three of us binge watch All American together. This was the only way that we could watch the show together without Zea being here.

"Zea, I miss you"

"I miss you too Yas. Imma be down there before graduation cause I think Monae gone go into labor before I graduate"

"I really think so too honestly" I said interrupting their conversation before it got too lovey dovey.

I have random Braxton Hicks Contractions and I told Dr. J, but she says that it is normal to have them. However, she does think that I will go into labor early. I just hope it aint when I'm at school.

"You'll be okay and why don't you want to have a baby shower again?"

"Because mama did a lot for this dang gender reveal, and I don't want that once again"

"I mean I understand but this is her first grandchild and she gone go all out. Just enjoy the free stuff before she make you start paying for shit"

"I mean I understand, but it's too close anyways. I'm eight months next week so"

"Yas. Tell her to have the baby shower or at least make a registry"

"Yeah.. He right Ajarie"

"I hate when y'all gang up on me now back to the show" I said pouting turning my attention back to the show.

Amaya

I sat in the car waiting on Ahmaud to pull up with the kids. They had been gone to his house for almost two weeks. One week for when I went to Louisiana and another just because he wanted them.

My head was still clouded because I know I needed to make a decision about Alonzo. One part of me realizes that Lonnie is a great guy. He is probably someone that I need. He never fails to keep my happiness afloat. He wants to be around the kids, but I don't want them to grow an attachment like they did to Jalen.