Chapter 14

Ajarie

2 Months Later

"So how is baby jelly bean?" Malik asked handing me the bowl of strawberries. My mom had a weird craving of pineapples and caramel and now I have a weird craving of strawberries and peanut butter.

"Baby jelly bean is okay. I'm so ready to know whether its a boy or a girl."

"It is defintely going to be a girl" Malik said. I was surprised that he wanted a lil girl. Usually, boys wanted a son first and I honestly wanted a boy.

"I want a boy." I said dipping my strawberry in the peanut better. He laid his head on my pillow with his hand on my protruding stomach. My mom has got a little more lenient when it comes to Malik. She said what more can we do when I'm already pregnant and I agree. As long as we dont have sex in the house and it's not like late at night, he can come over

"Really?" he asked surprised. "Why?"

"Cause I dont want a daughter to be like me. Like, I want a son first anyways and you don't need a daughter because you will be super protective over her."

"Yeah. You right about that, but I just want another you to spoil and love."

"Mhmm. We will see."

Ahmaud

"Hey glamma babies. I missed y'all so much" my mom said grabbing Ava from me. I just had to fly her out here. I went to her for Thanksgiving and I brought the twins and the babies. Ajarie and Alizea stayed with Amaya, so we switching for Christmas. "Hey son"

"Hey mama. How was your flight?"

"It was alright. You know I had to leave my baby at home and I don't like that" she said talking bout her husband.

"Mhmm I know" I said letting her into my new house. It isn't as big as my old one but its in the other gated neighborhood in Dallas.

"How's my other grandbabies?"

"Alizea is good. They started basketball season and they have a tournament next weekend, so we all flying there and then Ajarie and Alizea and I will come to Georgia for Christmas Break. Armon and Armonie fine. They at school right now, but I got Ava from daycare so she can see you"

"Okay, that's exciting. Your brothers and sisters are ready to see Jarie and Alizea."

"Yeah I know, but I don't know how they are going to react. I haven't told them that they aren't going to Florida with Amaya."

"Boy, you need to tell them or they gone be pissed at you"

"Imma tell them ma don't worry"

Amaya

"Lonnie"

"Yes Amaya." Alonzo responded buttoning up his shirt.

"Can you bring me some cheesecake from your job?" He looked at me through the mirror. Alonzo was 39 only two months younger than me ( my birthday is in August, his is in October ). He's only working at the Cheesecake Factory for extra cash. He really bartends, but he was a waitor that one day because they were understaffed. He has been working there just to have extra cash, but he has a degree in Mass Communications and he's on the radio every morning.

"I'll think about it"

"Please Alonzo" I said slipping my dress back over my head.

"You know I'm bringing it. Don't beg" He said hovering over me.

"Good" I said smiling.

"And I'll bring your kids some too" He hasn't met any of them because I don't want them to grow an attachment or a dislike just as they did to Jalen.