Chapter 39

Quincey

"Kae, Alizea will be here when you get out of school. I'm goin to Texas" I said walking into the kitchen with my bag.

"Finally gonna tell auntie about my mother?" she said rolling her eyes as she walked to the fridge

"Yes and I wanna marry her. I know that can't happen if I lie to her. Kae.. I wanna move to Texas. I also can't do that because of QJ. I can't leave the state knowing my son is here"

"Dad.. I love my brother and I miss him like crazy. I love being able to go visit his grave and talk to him. However, he is  anywhere we are. I take his black Tupac t-shirt everywhere I go. His key chain lanyard from Miami sits in my armrest. Dad, look at the chain. I wear his gold chain everyday. You got his football cleat shoe string wrapped around your rear view mirror" I nodded fighting the tears.

"I hear you babygirl" she was honestly so right. I just haven't had the will to admit it to myself.

"All in all, I'm saying if we move to Texas, I won't be mad. I'll miss Zea cause he brings me lunch every Wednesday, but I know auntie will. Also, I been thinking about what I will call her if you get married"

"Call her whatever you want" she nodded grabbing her keys.

"How long you gone?"

"A week. I'll call you when I land. I left money on your dresser. Zea staying here the whole week too. Be safe and don't throw no party in my house. I love you" I said as she hugged me. I could feel her smiling. I know she been missing Alizea since he went to college, but she won't admit it out loud.

"I love you dad and good luck" she said.

Amaya

"Alright y'all. I'll see y'all tomorrow. Gotta go pick my boyfriend up from the airport" I said dropping off a patient file with the receptionist.

"Alright boss" Casey, my new intern said. I smiled walking out the door going to my car. I got in, starting the car and let my thoughts take over as I drove to the airport.

I was a little weary at the fact that Quincey called me last night saying that he was coming here. He didn't really give an explanation besides wanting to talk and wanting to see me. Honestly, I've known him for over twenty years. I know when he is lying or not telling me the whole truth.

A part of me feels like he's coming to convince me to move to Louisiana like he has been for a couple weeks.

I've been telling him that I don't want to right now. Maybe in five years when I can really manage to find an office space in Louisiana and a house.

When I pulled up the airport, he was sitting on a bench. When he seen my car, he got up walking towards it.

"Hey babyma" he said leaning in for a kiss. I pecked his lips and took off towards my house.

"Soooo... What preempted this trip today?" I said getting straight to the point. There ain't no way I'm finna just prolong the inevitable.

"I can't just come see you?"

"Nah.. I love you, but let's be realistic"

"I wanted to tell you about something that happened"

"Kae okay?" That had to be the only reason he would wanna tell me something in person is if something wrong with my god baby.

"Nahh.. Sooo.. Alexis came by my house the other day"

"Okayy... and what she do to Kae?" I asked. I'm getting a little irritated with the beating around the bush.