Chapter 18

Amaya

"Well beautiful, It a lovely Saturday afternoon and you still haven't gave me an answer to my question I asked yesterday" Alonzo said to me. We were on the phone and we have pretty much been on the phone for about two hours now.

"I can't. I have Jaiden and Ava and the twins. Ajarie went to Louisiana for the weekend to see my other son."

"Mhmm. Excuses Excuses."

"Lonnie. If I didn't have the kids, then I would love to hang out with you."

"I can come over and we could order in and I can meet your kids."

"But I dont want to confuse them or anything like that because the last dude-"

"that you brought around your kids caused them to get attached.. Yeah Yeah you tell me the same excuse everytime. Well, If you aint tryna make some shake then Imma pick up a shift at the restaurant. So... Have a good day and I'll talk to you when I get off" he said hanging up.

I know he's feeling a little frustrated because I have literally avoided him meeting the kids. He's only met Ajarie and Alizea (on facetime). They like him. I just dont want to rush into anything this time around.

I called him right back.

"Come over Lonnie" I said with a sigh.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes I'm sure."

"Alright. I'll be over shortly"

"Okay" we hung up and I immediately started to straighten up my room. I really was only wearing PINK tights and a PINK hoodie with no shirt underneath just a bra.

"Mommy" I sighed when Armonie came into my room.

"Yes kiddo?" I said picking her up. We may or may not have stayed up all night waiting on Ajarie to call and say they made it to Louisiana.

"I hungry" she said laying her head on my shoulder. I continued to pick up the last few shirts that were left out.

"Mommy finna cook" I said sitting her on my bed. "Mommy friend coming over and I want you to be good"

"I'm good all the time"

"I know baby. I just need you to know. Go wake Armon up" she nodded and ran off to wake her brother up. I don't know why but i'm nervous as hell.

I went to Ava and Jaiden's room. He temporarily sleeps in there until I do the guest room for him. I picked Jaiden up because he was just laying in the bed awake chewing on his hands.

"Hey toota bug" I walked to the changing table to change him. "You gone be nice to mommy friend toota?" I said to him in my baby talk. He's five months and growing so fast

"Mommy! You phone ringing" Armonie yelled.

"Bring it to me" I yelled back, putting Jaiden on a red Nike onesie with grey joggers.

"Hello" I answered when she finally brought me my phone.

"Hey. I'm outside. Can you come help with yall food?" Alonzo asked.

"Yeah Im coming." I picked Jaiden up and walked to my room getting my slides out my room.

"Thanks Lonnie" I said getting one of the bags of food. He brought us waffle house.

"No problem. This Jaiden?" He said smiling.

"Yes it is."

"He looks nothing like you. He kinda looks like Alizea." He said, while we walked in the house. I put the food on the counter in the kitchen. Maybe this will be okay.