Chapter 30

A Month Later

May 26, 2018

Alizea

"Thank you, Mr

"Thank you, Mr. David. Be sure to tag us in your prom pictures. We would love to share them" The tailor said as I watched him zip my suit into the bag. I nodded with a smile.

Yasmine and her mom had just got here yesterday night and Yas was getting her makeup and hair done now. It's the day we have been waiting on for a while. My mom and Ajarie wanted to come so bad, but I made the decision that they didn't have to come. They stay hopping on planes to come see me and they will be here in another month to see me walk across the stage. They will be okay.

I laid the suit bag across my back seat and got in. Prom is suppose to be the day me and my nigga QJ was suppose to be in the barbershop cutting up with the old heads while they talk about prom in their days. I already knew that my nigga was gone step in his suit and whatever girl he got to go with him.

That's one thing about that nigga QJ. He was a lowkey safe hoe. He didn't just try to fuck any girl. He kinda had four favorites that he fucked and made them get checked every month for diseases. They agreed. I guess bruh had that fire cause them four girls always did what was asked of him. Me on the other hand haven't done anything since I got with Yasmine. I'm hoping tonight maybe different because we were going to an afterparty and I booked a hotel.

This should be fun.

Amaya

"What is Yasmine doing now?" I said walking into the movie theatre to see Ajarie reclined back in her chair with Malani on her chest.

"She's putting the finishing touches on her makeup. Then, she is getting her toes done"

"We should be there"

"I know, but he didn't want us there mama, but do you wanna take your precious granddaughter?" I rolled my eyes cause she know I can't say no to her. I love watching Malani especially when the kiddos are gone.

"Sure" I said picking her up. She snuggled against my chest and I walked out back to the den where I originally was. I picked up my phone to see a missed call from a Louisiana number. I called it back a little confused.

"Hello" the voice sounded like a young girl.

"Who is this?"

"My name is Kiandra. I knew QJ. He gave me your number for emergencies just in case something ever happened to him and I was in need. I need some money for his son"

"Son..."

"Yes ma'am. Quinton"

"Lil girl how do I know you aren't lying"

"QJ said you would say that. He told me that everything is in a letter in your theatre on the first row under the second chair. He included the letter written to me and the letter written for you. He did all of this before he got involved in the drug business" My eyes watered at this. I would have never known. "He left money in a savings that I'm guessing is in your letter. He just told me to contact you if I needed money"