Chapter 10

Amaya

"Okay you got everything? Cause if you don't you can always stay another day and go to the 'Ana tomorrow"

"Maya. He got everything. Stop worrying" Quincey said walking in Alizea room with Ava.

"Yeah ma. You made me leave some clothes anyways, but I do have everything." he said laughing.

"Okay baby. I just wanna make sure you have everything you need because you leaving your mom for a year" I said pouting. Tuesday came to fast. We spent the whole day Sunday together and he went to school yesterday to say goodbye to his friends and teachers. Today is the day.

"He'll be fine Amaya. I promise." Quincey said walking out the room with me and into Ajarie's room. She was pretty upset this morning.

"Uncle Quincey!" she said sitting up in her bed. We walked up the steps to her bed and took a seat on either side. "I missed you"

"I know cause the last time I was here you wasnt worried about spending time with me. You was worried about ya lil boyfriend" he said mushing her head.

"I know. I'm sorry"

"It's fine. That's why we let yall make yall own mistakes and choices" I said grabbing her hand.

"I miss my daddy" she mumbled.

"Me too" I mumbled back.

"Yall some crybabies!" Quincey said standing up. "Aint that right baby A" he said to Ava. "Come say bye to ya son and brother because. I dont wanna drive his car in the dark." I sighed standing up and walking downstairs. Alizea was down there talking to the twins.

"Alright Alizea. Time to go" Quincey said.

"Alright" he stood up hugging the twins. He hugged  Ajarie next. "I'll see you later okay? Facetime at every appointment and if that nigga don't show up, I'm on the next flight out to beat his ass." he said seriously. He came to me next.

"I'll see you later son. If you feel homesick, I'll come to you okay? I love you so much and make those scouts proud. Keep them grades up." I was surprised I wasn't actually crying. I guess I cried all my tears out.

"I'll make sure of it mama, I promise" he hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Where Yasmine?"

"We said our goodbyes yesterday." I nodded and walked Quincey and Alizea to the door.

"Call me when y'all get there."

"Alright." I watched them back out the driveway but then pull back in. I knew he would forget something. I opened the front door and he ran to me.

"I love you mama. You be strong. No matter what we all love you. I'll call you all the time" he said hugging me. It kinda broke my heart. He was growing up before my eyes.

"I love you too" he kissed my cheek and went and got in the car. This time they backed out the driveway and I watched them take off down the rode.

"Maa!" Armonie yelled. I sighed and walked back into the house and into the den.

"Yes babygirl"

"Wea daddy at?"

"He like 10 minutes away lil girl" Ajarie said not looking up from her phone. So Ahmaud is coming home.

~20 minutes later~

Ahmaud

"Daddy!" Ajarie and Armonie said running to me. I put Jaiden's carrier down and hugged them.