Fifty-One - Octavia

It was finally new years eve! We were having a buffet tonight, as decided by me, and for the rest of the day, we were going to go to the mall to hang out. All of us, that is. The five people in the house stood near the door, ready to leave. The two dogs had been put in a different room the whole time I'd been here because 'mom' didn't want me to get scared. As we were about to open the door, the sound of claws clattering on the ground raced towards us. A dog appeared and jumped towards Colby. Though it didn't knock him over, he still sat down on the ground.

"Koki!" he exclaimed, petting the dog. It didn't see me for a few seconds but when it did, I was run towards. I stroked the dog for a short while, Colby talking about it. Eventually, we did leave. 

"You know, me and Sam used to p..." Colby started.

"Pick girls up here, yeah I know," I smiled at him. We were walking around the place, going to a few shops every now and then but not that many. We somehow ended up at the food court so we got some lunch and sat down. 

"How are your parents back home?" 'Dad' asked. I looked at him. 

"I only have a mom," I smiled, "but she's just like me," in the sense that we're part of a gang and have killed and robbed people before. But I guess I shouldn't say that.

"Awe, honey," 'Mom' rubbed my arm gently.

"No, it's fine, I just try not to think about it," I said. 'Mom' and 'dad' nodded so I went back to eating. They asked Colby questions instead for about ten minutes while we all finished eating.

"Should we go home now?" Gage asked. "We need to make an entire buffet," he added.

"You're right, Gage. Octavia?" I looked at 'mom', "you don't need to help, well more specifically I want it to be a surprise so, why don't you stick around here or go to that warehouse thing?"

"Not alone, though," Colby said, frowning.

"You know full well I'm better off alone there than you," I replied, squeezing the hand he was holding. "Yeah, I'll find somewhere to be." We all stood up then put away the trays and what not. Gage, Colby, and I were in the back seat - in that order - so when I was about to get out of the car, Colby pulled me back and pecked my lips.

"Love you, be careful if you go to the warehouse," he said. I smiled at his silliness.

"Love you, too. No promises," I left the car before he could object. It also drove away before he could get to me. So, I had the afternoon to waste. My first thought was to go to the warehouse but I didn't want to freak Colby out that much so, the park it is. I sat on the swing, scrolling through Insta when a woman approached me, she looked about my age if a little older. 

"Hi, I'm Amelia, by any chance are you Octavia?" she asked. She seemed a little nervous so I plastered a smile on my face. She calmed down a bit at that.

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you," she sat beside me.

"Mind if I get a picture? I'm a huge fan of you,"

"Go for it," I said. One picture later, she was chatting with me. She was very interesting.

"You know, the moment I saw you on David's channel I basically fell in love with you - not in that way, I'm straight and have a boyfriend - and then you started hanging out with the trap house and I basically died of happiness then you started dating Colby! Colby! Lonely-ass Colby! But when I went to follow your Instagram, I saw your most recent post - the video about your breakup - and it broke my heart to pieces. As you're in Kansas, I'm assuming you're with Colby, though?" she asked. That was literally the last almost year of my life explained in about a minute.

"Yeah, I am. I met his family and Koki and we're here for part of his birthday," I explained. Amelia smiled.

"I'm glad! I'm also so glad you're back together. You make Colby happy, you know, you really do. The videos over the last ten months, excluding the month you weren't together, he has been so happy. Sam nailed it in his birthday speech about how happy Colby really is lately," she smiled at the end of it.

"Awe, thank you," I pulled her into a hug.

"It's literally no problem at all!" she hugged back. We pulled away. "So if you're with Colby, why are you on your own?" she asked, a pitiful look in her face.

"They're cooking a buffet and Colby needs to be there to tell them what I like, so I was kindly asked to be elsewhere for the surprise," I explained. Amelia listened. Then she nodded. Then she smiled wider than she already was.

"What to be children and have fun in this park?" she asked. There weren't many people around so I agreed. 'Being children' was not close to what we were doing. By the time we had played the floor is lava for the twentieth time, my phone buzzed. Colby had asked me to go back to the house.

"What's your Insta? I'll follow you back and we'll talk," I said. She gave it to me without hesitation, then I left. The house was quite close to the park so it didn't take long to reach it. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by Colby's hand. He pecked my lips as he closed the door behind me. "Hi, Colbs," I said.

"Hey, where were you?"

"The park. I met a friend," I shrugged. 

"Girl?" he asked skeptically. I laughed.

"Yes, girl,"

"Good," he nodded approvingly so I rolled my eyes playfully.