Thirty-Four - Colby

"COLBY!" I heard the distressed voice of Octavia, putting me on vulture mode. I knew she had walked further back than the group but I assumed she'd be fine, she wasn't that far and this was a public parking lot. I spotted her, swinging around and slicing the man-who-was-right-behind-her-with-a-mask-on's arm. I ran fast, faster than I ever had. Elton was running, too, along with Corey. I'd seen them before I was gone. I saw something silver then the muscles in Octavia's legs and back tense up. No... She started to fall but I got to her beforehand, catching her. The man started running, Elton and Corey going after him.

I gently laid her down but she was unresponsive, eyes closed, lying limp. I saw the blood seeping through her light blue shirt right on her stomach. "Octavia! Octavia? Listen, are you there?" I started to panic. Remembering some survival training, I listened for her breathing. It was weak but there. I pulled her shirt up a bit, revealing the wound and putting some pressure on it. I couldn't help but notice her abs and JUST HOW hot she was. Elton and Corey hadn't come back yet, which brought me back to reality. Sam suddenly appeared at my side. I was fighting tears, now; reality had returned. I pulled off my shirt, soaking it in the blood in an effort to cover the wound for now.

"We need to take her to the hospital," Sam said. I shook my head.

"No, we need to take her to her gang. She has weapons on her, remember? She'd kill us the moment she could if we got her caught" I said very quickly, still in panic mode. Sam stared at me for a moment.

"Do you know where the place is?" he asked.

"Yeah, I overheard the address one time. You drive" I handed Sam my keys quickly then picked Octavia up gently. I quickly but carefully carried her to the car. Aaron moved to the front seat as I laid Octavia down in the back and sat next to her, applying pressure to the wound and placing her head on my lap. "Go Sam, now!" I said, urgently. Sam basically hit the gas. I told him where to go.

As we drove, I stared down at the injured angel on my lap. Maybe not sinless, but as beautiful as an angel and as sweet as one, minus the gang part. I slowly brushed her hair out of her face. She put me into a trance. It was crazy. What was this girl doing to me?

The moment the car stopped, I broke from my reverie. Sam parked so I picked Octavia up again, carrying her to the door. The moment it opened, the people inside looked at me, then Octavia. "Who the fuck are you?" someone challenged me.

"I'm Octavia's best friend, someone's stabbed her. She wanted me to bring her here" I said. A few seconds of silence pass. "She's lost a lot of blood," I prompted.

"Steph!" the man called. A woman walked out from the shadows, suddenly rushing to my side when she saw who was in my arms. 

"Octavia!" she exclaimed. "Bring her here" I nodded. I followed her into a room separate from the main one. There was sparse medical equipment around the place and a fuck-ton of guns. "Put her down" she ordered. As she began doing something or other, she talked to me. "Which friend are you?"

"Colby" I replied. Steph glanced at my face then my chest.

"She's very lucky then, huh?" Steph smirked. I couldn't find humour right now. Octavia could die.