Chapter 55

Today we restarted our work studies. I was working with Fatgum, Kirishima, Tetsutetsu and Nirengeki Shoda. I wasn't aware of how humble Shoda actually was. But when I got to speaking with him, he was actually very considerate. We were walking through Eusha City, patrolling the area, considering this was my second home at this point, I knew it well. I had been staying with my Uncle since my previous home was destroyed. On our patrol, I got talking with Shoda.

"Amao, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad." Shoda consoled me.

"He's not dead Shoda, please stop saying it like he's dead." I stated, plainly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how you wanted me to respond." The smaller man apologised.

"Boys! Nine O'clock!" Fatgum shouted.

We shot our heads to the left. I saw a common criminal running from a crime scene. I activated my quirk without the other three reacting in time and had already disarmed the criminal. I forced his head into the ground and shouted.

"DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MAN!?" I showed him a picture of my father, he shook his head in fear.

"Nothing." I picked his head up and tossed it to Fatgum, of which he stored in his body.

"Mr Panda, I appreciate your enthusiasm, however please calm down." Fat patted my head.

"T-That was intense." Tetsutetsu scratched his head.

"That's our Amao for you." Kirishima chuckled nervously.

For the rest of the night, nothing much happened, I stress ate myself into a semi-food comatose state. In which I did nothing but cry and make an absolute fool of myself. I got to observe Nirengeki's quirk more, which was interesting.

It was our last day of our Eusha City work studies over the Winter break. And I was getting more agitated, pro's had a couple of leads on the whereabouts of my Father, but none of them were leading to anything significant. I was beginning to lose hope. However, one of these nights changed my perspective completely.

I was picking up new skills and completely testing my limits on how far my body can move. My flexibility was improving and my fight style was starting to become more prevalent.

On our patrol, I caught a familiar scent, too familiar to be ignored.

"Fat, I think I have something." I sniffed the air.

"Seriously?" Tetsu chimed in.

I used my quirk and heightened my senses, all of them. I was able to see each fragment of metal that held up the concrete buildings. I could hear the evident clicking noises. The scent particles were leading me somewhere.

"Follow Mr Panda." Fatgum spoke.

Through the back alleys we ran through, the scent grew stronger, each step we took I could hear the clicks getting stronger. Each click sounded devastating. Each click made me angrier and stronger.

"He's in there." I pointed at a warehouse. "I'm sure of it."

"How can you be so sure?" Kirishima tried to pat my back.

"Because I know! I can sense him." I gripped onto my supporting whip. "Call for backup Fatgum."

"Amao, I don't think this is a good idea." He held my shoulder. I shook him off.

"I'll do this alone if I have to." I wrapped my whip around a pipe and pulled myself up onto the rooftop.

I couldn't listen to my peers, I needed to save my father, if it meant putting others in jeopardy, then so be it. It clicked in my head, I am there for everyone and just this once I needed to be there for me, fight for myself and my family.