Chapter 2

Another week of school had gone past, I heard that no one from my school had gotten into U.A, which I was very surprised with. Everyone else was so much better than me and fitter and better at using their quirks. But regardless, they found it easier to take their anger out on me; I had been punched, kicked, slapped, had rocks thrown at me and have been cut with the blade from a pencil sharpener.

I knew I was being followed home, but I didn't care at this point, I had people show up at the house and throw things at my window all the time.

Once I was home dad smiled.

"Bear, a letter came from U.A. It's up in your room, go have a look at it and tell me what it says." Dad said as he was cooking up some food for his customers.

In my room I saw the letter there. My heart knew what the letter was about. It was about how I failed and that I was stupid for applying and that I should go kill myself. Maybe not the last part but still, something of that nature. My heart swelled as I tore open the letter, after I did it I saw a disk, I placed it on my bed next to me and it popped up.

"Congratulations Y/n Odayaka! You have been accepted into U.A's Hero Course! You passed your written exam well. In addition you showed something no other entree showed, amazing bravery and all of your points by saving others. Class 1-A will be waiting for you! Bye!" The projection of Allmight then disappeared.

"What d'ya think about that kid?" I turned to see my uncle standing at the door with my dad next to him.

"I don't know how to feel." I replied. "I feel good but I feel like that place should've gone to someone who was better than me."

"Don't you dare say that bear!" My dad came and sat next to me. "You deserve so much more than this."

"It's true, kid." Uncle Tashiro ruffled my hair. "You are going to be a great hero! I know it!"

"Too loud..." I mumbled covering my ears.

Weeks Later

Today was the day that I had to face this new environment. I was so anxious and was debating whether to go or not. But dad had convinced me.

"Have you got your snacks?" Dad asked me in the car.

"Yes." I replied, looking out of the window.

"And you ate breakfast?" He asked again.

I didn't reply, and it was true, I hadn't eaten breakfast. I was just too nervous and it put me off. I got out of the car and started walking towards the colossal building that was in front of me.

I heard my dad say something as I walked but I didn't want to hear what he had to say. As I walked up the stairs I could hear chatter from inside my classroom. I noticed a guy walk next to me, we locked eyes for a brief second before I looked away.

"Nervous?" He chuckled.

"Very." I replied. I took another look at him again and he had striking and spiky red hair, with sharp teeth. "I can hear our classmates talking."

"Is that your quirk? Super hearing?" He asked.

"No, my quirk is called Giant Panda. Take a guess at what I can do." I suddenly felt a burst of joy travel through me.

"I'm guessing you can do what a Giant Panda can do." This guy was quite pleasant to be around, but still, I was apprehensive. "I didn't get your name, I'm Kirishima."

"Odayaka, but please call me Amao." Kirishima extended his hand for a handshake but I was reluctant to shake it because of how much I was sweating. He noticed. "I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of handshakes."