Chapter 36

That following evening, everyone was chatting individually about the day we had just had. I was in the common space, reading my cook-book, trying not to think about anything that happened the previous night. I was approached by Mina and Kirishima who sat beside me.

"What's the book about Amao?" They asked.

"Recipe's." I chuckled. "I've composed over 15 detailed recipe's that dad and I have made."

"Is that not the other book you had in your dorm room?" Mina asked.

"Yeah with the Yellow book cover?" Kiri smiled.

"Nope! This has a red cover, which means it's specially curated for children." I smiled. "Children need more nutrients during their childhood for growth. I've got the plans of calling it "Recipes for the little Heroes!"

"That's adorable!" Mina smiled. I noticed Kirishima's heartbeat was wavering, he had something on his mind, I could tell.

That evening, I got a knock at my door whilst I was at my desk.

"It's open." I stated. Hearing the door creak, I turned to see Kiri himself.

"Can I speak to you?" His usual bright demeanour, dulled by negative thought.

"Of course Kiri, sit down." I pointed to my bed, I got up to the pre-boiled kettle. "Did you want a drink?"

"Green tea please." He sighed, knowing full well he wouldn't drink it.

"C'mon man, you know you can have something fun." I chuckled. "You seem like a hot chocolate type of guy."

"Well, I used to drink them all the time." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"With sprinkles and marshmallows?" I spoke, preparing our drinks.

"Yup, everytime my Mom and I would go out to coffee we would always get them." He choked back a tear.

"Tell me what's up." I spoke.

"Well, recently I've been all over the place." He started. "Questioning who I am, what it's like to be a man. It's making me feel weak. I'm starting to crack, and when I look at you."

"Kiri, being vulnerable and showing weakness doesn't make you any less of a man than anyone else. Showing weakness makes you real, because people like Bakugo who say they have no weaknesses are liars." I sipped my drink.

"I've been thinking about this all wrong." His eyes widened in realisation.

"See! Everyone has weaknesses, it's just a matter of how to manage them. Like me, my weakness is internalising negativity that comes my way. Taking things too personally, even though we took down Genso at the provisional licence exam, there's still a little image of him constantly telling me I'm not good enough." I admitted.

We spent a couple minutes speaking before he left.

The next morning, we were all in class, Midoriya apologising to everyone. He spoke to me.

"Amao, I am sorry for punching you and causing you distress." He bowed to me.

"I'm sorry for punching you too. I wasn't acting like myself." I held my arm in my hand, looking down. I knew that Tenya was looking at me with a concerned look.

"Sit down everyone!" Aizawa spoke. "Now everyones back together, we can talk about the work studies and how they differ from internships. Listen closely, Come in you three."

Coming through the door, three familiar faces entered the room. Mirio, Nejire and Tamaki. U.A's top 3. Third year students with a lot of skill.

"Get to it, Amajiki, you start." Aizawa spoke. I already knew the outcome of this event.