Chapter 3

It was a new day at U.A and for the first time in a while, I was looking forward to going there.

"Remember to eat, kid." Dad ruffled my hair as he started firing up the grills at the restaurant.

"I will." I lied, I knew that I wasn't going to do well with food today.

When I got to the school I met up with Iida and Tsuyu and waited for Uraraka and Midoriya to come.

"Morning everyone." I yawned.

"God Amao! How much sleep did you get!" Iida rushed up to me.

"Like 6 hours?" I replied.

"It's statistically proven that humans need 8 hours of pure REM sleep to function at their optimum." The boy lectured me.

"Go easy on him Iida." Tsu stuck her tongue out and grabbed us both.

'Hey you guys!" Uraraka and Midoriya appeared and we all walked into school together.

The first morning lessons were fairly simple, English and music, two of my favourite subjects. We had Cementoss for our English class and Present Mic for our music class. The English class was quite good as I enjoyed English a lot. All of the questions were fairly easy and I got them all right. Music was fun too.

"Now, does anyone here play an instrument?" Present Mic asked.

"I do." I raised my hand, feebly. Everyone turned to me, I sat right at the back in the corner so It was pretty clear to see everyone avert their eyes to me. Another girl, with earphone jacks for ears, smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"And what instrument would that be Amao?" Mic smiled.

"The Saxophone." I replied. "It's a fun instrument to play."

"Care to share a couple of bars of a song on the sax?" Mic handed me an Alto saxophone, I quickly wiped the mouthpiece and changed out the reed. I knew the first couple of bars of 'Fly me to the moon' by Frank Sinatra so I started to play them. It was a perfect melody to my ears. I was the only one who picked up on it,

but that same girl who gave me the thumbs up was singing the song as I played it. She was a beautiful singer.

After I finished playing most of the class clapped for me, apart from Bakugo but his personality was so predictable I foresaw it. After the class it was then lunch. And as we walked towards the Cafeteria that same girl from before approached me.

"Hey, that was such a lovely song you played." She smiled, embarrassedly. "Kyoka Jirou."

"No problem Jirou." I said as I walked away from her. "Your singing is beautiful, I picked up on it."

"Oh..I thought no one could hear me." She giggled.

I touched my ears and smiled slightly before walking into the cafeteria.

I got my food and Lunch Rush looked at me.

"Amao, make sure you do eat this please." They said before I walked away and went to sit with Iida and the others. "I mean it!"

As we ate together we talked about our previous schools. I was hesitant to share anything about them.

"So Amao, what was your old school like?" Tsu asked sweetly. I almost spat out my water everywhere.

"I mean, it was alright. I was a member of the band and also the wrestling team." I sighed, looking down at my plate, still full of food.

"So does anyone have any hobbies?" Midoriya asked.