Chapter 28

A couple days later, I was back to cooking with my dad and helping out in the restaurant as best I can. However, each night I lost sleep, being woken up by nightmares, "You Beast!" Kept flooding my mind as I was reunited each night with the robotic voice of All for One. A message was sent out to the Parents of Class 1-A students arranging home visits. Aizawa and the appropriately named 'Small-might' had arranged to visit dad and I, Uncle Tashiro was also joining us for the meeting.

"Amao, get the door!" Dad yelled to me, as he flipped over the collar of his formal-looking shirt. "I told the pair of them to just walk through the restaurant and up the stairs to the apartment."

"Kuma, you've no need to dress this fancy." Uncle giggled.

"Be quiet Tashiro." Dad playfully punched my uncle, this interaction reinforced their relationship a lot. "Amao, you must be on your best behaviour!"

I opened the door and saw the two teachers, they both looked, well, rather dishevelled.

"Good afternoon Mr Aizawa and Mr All Might, come in." I tried to bow but I still felt some pain in my back from the bullet holes. I stood to the side with the door opened.

"Drop the formalities Amao, there's no need." All might smiled, patting me gently on the top of my head. I couldn't look at him, I kept getting flashbacks from when I attacked him.

We offered the two teachers something to eat as they discussed my future.

"Mr Odayaka, in light of recent events, we wanted to apologise for the lack of judgement and clear safeguarding breaches on our part as teachers, and we understand how this event is traumatic. However, we see the potential in Amao, he is performing at such a high standard and is improving greatly." All Might said.

"What are the next steps, you know, going forward and supporting Amao?" Dad placed his hand gently on my head.

"For Amao's safety and monitoring of his progress, we suggest that he, like the rest of his peers, move into the dormitories on Campus." Aizawa spoke up.

"He's never been separated from me, I don't know how to feel about this." Dad said, my ears perked up.

"In the U.A dorms, Amao will get fully supported, this would be in the form of a care package, in addition to extra supplies to aid his learning." All Might spoke to us. "This would include; Noise-cancelling headphones, laptop, weighted blanket, increased weekly shopping budget, sensory toys, with special access to a sensory room and one to one support on request."

"Well Kuma, you have to admit, it's more than the government will give him." Tashiro did have a point. All I got from the government was a book called "How to manage your emotions".

"What do you say bear?" Dad turned to me, he looked at me and I averted his gaze.

"I'm worried that you'll get lonely, or that someone will hurt you." I began to tug at the hem of my t-shirt.

"Amao, he'll be fine, I will be here." Tashiro smiled. "Plus, you forget that your dad was a pro hero."

"I want you to go bear, it's time for you to experience living without me hovering over you." Dad raised his hands and cupped my face.

"Fine, but I will be making sure every Sunday I come and visit you." I chuckled.

"Kuma, I have a question for you." Small-might spoke.

"If you're going to ask me to return to hero work...It's not gonna happen, Toshinori." Dad finished his sentence.

"But..!" The former symbol of peace started.

"Alright, if there was a situation that really needed me, I might come out of retirement, but after that, I'm going back to running a restaurant." Dad swallowed half of a cookie that I had made. "Son, these are great."

After the two teachers left. I got a text, from a strange, yet familiar number.

"Hey Amao, it's Amajiki, Fatgum gave me your number." I smiled as I read. "I heard about what happened, and the training camp. Do you want to go out some time? To take your mind off of things. You can meet my friends too."

"I'd love to!" I smiled, eagerly responding to the text. I looked beside me, and my uncle nudged me. "Did you give him my number?"

"After the attack, he wouldn't stop talking about you, questioning if you were ok. His eating habits became irregular."

"I'm glad I'm going to meet him then." I chuckled.

A couple days later, I met up with Amajiki and his friends in a coffee shop. They seemed really close with the nervous boy.

"Amao, I've heard so much about you." The blonde haired boy, Mirio, went to shake my hand.

"Mirio, I told you Amao doesn't like handshakes." Amajiki slapped Mirio's hand away from me, in a protective manner.

"Amajiki, it's ok, really it's fine." I patted his shoulder.

"Nejire Hado, it's nice to meet you Amao." Nejire opened her arms for a hug.

"It's nice to meet you guys two, I can tell Amajiki really trusts you two." I smiled.

We spent around 3 hours chatting about our lives. I opened up to the three of them about what happened at the training camp. They were shocked to say the least. It was interesting hearing about their backgrounds and their quirks. When I got home, I felt happy knowing that Amajiki was satisfied knowing that I was safe.