Chapter 44

As the air outside grew colder, weeks had passed and I still couldn't see Eri, Mirio still had no quirk, and Nigheye's funeral only just happened. I remember going to the funeral and seeing the coffin, the realisation that heroism is dangerous only started to settle, I realised that I needed to improve if I wanted to survive as a hero. After the Hassakai Raid, dad returned back to his retirement, he said that the money he got from helping out was substantial enough to renovate the entire restaurant, which was going to be taking place, I was also getting to spend a lot more time with him. However, Tenya still had no reply from his parents about us. I could tell it was slowly infiltrating him, but for now, I'll keep supporting him no matter what. Kirishima and I kept speaking to each other in private, I was helping to ease his nerves and anxiety. I also had the chance to speak with Tsu and Ochaco too, helping them through their battles too. With each passing day, I trained harder and harder, reflecting on my own strength, trying not to let the acts of Ume Sakubara interfere with my mental health. Within weeks, a significant change in my physical appearance could be seen, my chest significantly more pronounced and my biceps, forearms, hamstrings and calves became more muscly, and evident. My school uniform no longer fit me, and I had to get a bigger size, but for the right reason.

"Amao are you listening?" I broke from my daydream. "I'm sorry sir, what was that again?"

"What is the answer to this question?" Vlad King, our science teacher, asked me. It was a pretty difficult question about human biology. "How do emitter quirk cells interact with an environment in order to change that environment, give an example."

"Um...Well, emitter quirk cells are specified to activate and will interact with an environment at the users will. Let's take the Villain Overhaul and his quirk." I envisioned how Overhaul reconstructed himself with his other goons. "During our fight, it was notable that Overhaul can manipulate matter just by touch. The quirk cells in his fingers activate and break down physical matter like flesh and are able to reconstruct it into a different shape, that's my answer."

"That's actually a good answer." Vlad chuckled with surprise in his tone of voice.

A couple days later and we were getting ready for our hero training, apparently a couple heroes had been teaming up lately. That got me thinking, I was walking next to Tenya and smiling.

"You know, when we become Pro heroes, we should run an agency together!" I softly banged my head on Tenya's shoulder. "We could be called "The Power Couple heroes! Mr Panda and Ingenium!"

"That would be great! It also allows for opportunities for publicity and also opportunity to make duo-ultimate moves." My boyfriend went off in a logical spiel that I somewhat cared for.

As we got to the gym Gamma we were told that our goal for today was to refine our ultimate moves.

"I need to focus on Juggernaut today, I'm still having difficulty going all the way." I said to Tenya, Tsu and Ochaco.

"Amao, when you fought Overhaul, I heard you said something about Ultimate Juggernaut?" Tsu turned her head to the side. "What's that about."

"I only named it during the fight, Ultimate Juggernaut is different..." I held my arm in embarrassment. "With Ultimate Juggernaut, I lose control completely. I fight the fight until I'm completely exhausted and my body just can't take it anymore."

"S...So the fight that you had at the sports festival or the Kamino Ward wasn't your full strength." Ochaco's breath hitched.

"No...the closest I've been to using my full strength was fighting for Eri, and trying to save Tena, Kendo and Tetsutetsu back at the training camp." I made a fist in my hand. "I can only ever access it when I'm saving a person who means a lot to me."

"I really would be interested in observing you fight at 100%." Tenya turned to me.

"I wouldn't." I muttered. "Because I'd put you all at risk, at least fighting with Overhaul I didn't need to worry about property damage since we were in the air."

The next day, we were watching Mina dance, it was awesome to see how well she could move. It was definitely reflected in her fight style being more "dancerly", so to speak.

"Hobbies really do help in hero work!" Kaminari smiled. "Like Amao, your cooking ability must be great to help out in rescue situations."

"If you think all I can do is cook, you must be mistaken." I chuckled, as I sat on a table, not breaking it.

"Are you talking about being able to play the saxophone?" Momo asked.

"No, I had another hobby back in Middle School, but after everything that happened, they told me to stop doing what I loved." I smiled. "I used to wrestle and was quite high up there in my school's wrestling team, but for most of the time I was sat on the sidelines because I was "too aggressive". Which was fair."

"I bet you loved to wrestle! Touching up all of the sweaty me-!" Mineta started. I did a double-leg takedown, bringing his body swiftly to the ground. He hit the floor with a thud.

"See, it's quite useful in close combat fighting." I took a bow.

"That's awesome!" Yao-momo and Hagakure smiled, as well as Kaminari.

"Today is the sports festival, where everyone will get a spot to shine." Aizawa spoke from his yellow sleeping bag and began to fall asleep."This year, you need to create a special program that's original. So get to deciding."

I stood at the podium at the front of the class. Taking my role of the Class representative very seriously.

"Alright, let's just start with a free discussion. If you have any ideas, feel free to raise your hands." I smiled. Suddenly a gust of wind hit Iida and I, many hands shot up, begging to be answered. "Good luck keeping up, Iida. First up, Kaminari."

"A Maid cafe where all the gir-!" He spoke.

"No!" I quickly shut that idea down. After a while we got some decent ideas, and the board soon began to fill up. "Hero quiz, disco, arm-wrestling, Mochi shop, interesting ideas everyone! I'd like to suggest a Strongman's test or a Circus."

"I like that idea." Bakugo scoffed. "You'd be the centre of attention."

"Let's start by cutting down any that are irrational, impossible or straight up inappropriate." Tenya began to cross out suggestions featured on the board. We got a couple of groans from classmates. "I'm sorry, A topless maid cafe is more than inappropriate!"

Suddenly the bell rang.

"Class is over, if you don't decide by tomorrow we'll go with my idea, a public lecture." Aizawa yawned, walking out of the classroom.

"Let's decide by tonight!" I cheered.