Chapter 12

The second rounds were now about to start, I was in the first match, against Kirishima. I was looking forward to it. I knew just the plan to be able to beat him. Whether or not I worked successfully, that's another issue.

"Now, For the first match of the Second round! We have Amao Odayaka! Versus. Ejiro Kirishima!" Present Mic screeched. "I do hope we get to see some fighting spirit from Amao."

"Highly doubt that." Aizawa said into the microphone as I walked up onto the stage. "From teaching Amao, I've noticed he's very docile, he doesn't have a heart to fight other people, he's one of the best negotiators in the class, that is why he's the Class Representative."

"Hey Amao! No Earplugs this time?" Kiri joked.

"Not unless you want me to." I returned the joke.

"Also, just because you're a big softie, doesn't mean I'm going easy on you!" My plan was falling perfectly into place.

"I don't expect you to." I replied to Ejiro.

I looked up at the audience in awe, smiling all the way, I didn't even realise that Midnight had already told us to start the battle. Kirishima came charging at me full force, his skin hardening to the sharpness of rocks. As he charged towards me, I began walking towards him.

"What is Amao doing?" Mic yelled.

"Fighting, fighting without violence." Aizawa mumbled.

As the boy got closer, I reinforced my feet into the ground. He just needed to get closer, a little closer... BOOM! I had caught Kirishima in my arms, I sat on the ground, wrapping my arms and legs around him so that he was completely immobile, just like how I used to do back when I wrestled.

"Let go of me!" Kirishima tried to squirm out of my grasp but wasn't able to. He even tried to use his quirk, but also wasn't able to solidify.

"Shhh..." I started to soothe him, hugging him tightly, an eerie silence coursed through the battlefield. All that could be heard was me, soothing Kirishima. "It's ok, It's all going to be ok bear."

I didn't realise that I was using the same comforting technique my dad did with me when I was struggling. It just came naturally to me. After a while, I heard some soft snoring coming from the other, exhausted boy.

"He's asleep." I told the Pro Hero Midnight. She smiled at me and congratulated me. "Kirishima is officially K.O-ed, Amao wins."

I picked up the sleeping Kirishima and began to walk with him in my arms off of the stage. I heard the pro hero's talking about me as I walked.

"He's such a caring soul, I think he would be a great asset to my Rescue agency!" One stated.

"Someone needs to teach him how to fight like a man!" I think the Pro hero Fourth Kind said that.

"Such a cutie! It's refreshing to see a youngster not obsessing over power and strength." An older hero stated.

After I had taken Kirishima to the recovery bay. Recovery girl handed me a couple of bandages. "You're starting to lose control Amao, cutting yourself without even knowing you're doing it."

I looked down at my bleeding arms. I swear they were just from Kirishima's impact on my body.

"Look, here's the footage." She then showed me the specific point in the footage where I had cut myself. Just after I wrapped my arms around Kirishima, my nails sharpened and jabbed into my shoulders, which then dragged down my biceps, causing them to bleed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologised. "I'm trying to keep it under control, but I just don't know what is happening to me. It's like it's trying to escape."