Chapter 50

A new day at U.A dawned, and we were reviewing our progress from the rescue drill that we had done yesterday. Listening to my critique made me feel bad.

"Amao, you took charge as a leader, but then took the least responsibility. You used your quirk, but you're not putting as much effort in as your peers." Aizawa's harsh words shattered me. I could feel the eyes shoot towards me. "There's only so much you can do without fighting, and you've reached that peak, so start using your quirk or be prepared to fail."

"I don't know how to..." I whispered to myself, a tear welling in my eye.

"If you want to succeed, you need to fight. I'm sorry, but I thought you'd learned more in the 8 months you've been at this school." Aizawa was about to say more but the bell for lunch rang.

As we sat down to eat lunch, I had lost my appetite. My friends seemed concerned for me.

"Amao, he gave you a really harsh talking to, huh?" Shoto spoke.
"I'm aware Todoroki, I am aware." I sighed, trying not to cry. "I don't know what else I can do!"

"Amao, you are doing all you can." Uraraka told me.

"Well I'm clearly not if I'm not performing at the level I should be performing at." My heart rate began to rise.

"Calm down Amao, please." Tenya placed his hand on my thigh.

"I'm trying to! But I just can't!" Anger grew within me.
"He's trying to ruffle your feathers." Tsuyu wrapped her tongue around my arm.

"I don't have feathers." I rolled my eyes.
"Not literally Amao. Aizawa wants to build you full of rage, so that you can explode." Tsu explained.

"That makes sense!" Midoriya pulled out his notebook and showed me a page, dedicated to myself. "From what I've observed, there have only been three times where you let go completely, the sports festival, with All for One, and fighting Overhaul. The roots of these have all been anger based."

"So he's trying to make me angry, to...fight...?" I regained my senses pretty quickly.

"Exactly, he wants to push you to your limits Amao." Midoirya took his book back.

"I'm trying, but if I let go, I could kill people, and I don't want that to happen." A brief thought of the training camp crossed my mind, specifically the Villain, Mustard.

"You can do it Amao! We believe in you!" My peers spoke.

Later that night, I sat in my room, watching my battle with Bakugo in the Sports festival, and a couple other videos of me from various sources. One of the common themes was that I was never the first to engage in combat, I waited until the opposition made the first contact. That piece of contact was the enabling force for setting me off. Which meant that if I started the combat with the first swing, I might be able to control myself if I fully let go. But if I fully let go, I could cause so much destruction that my actions would seem criminal.

For the rest of the night, I sat devising a plan, studying myself and writing down possible action plans to try and utilise my quirk to its fullest. And I think I came up with the perfect plan of action.

The next morning, we gathered at Gamma training ground. I was the last to arrive considering I was up all night refining my plan.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late!" I ran in, panting.

"Amao! Your suit changed!" Midoriya ran up to me and started touching my new suit.

"Yup! Fits perfectly for the colder environment." I smiled.

My new suit consisted of a knee length, tanned trench coat, with a white fluffy hem and cuffs. My gloves were made out of a thicker material, similar to my boots. My previous cargo shorts had now become trousers, which had been tucked into my boots, which had the same fluffy material as my coat. My sole grips had also been sharpened to be able to withstand the icy conditions. My white shirt had now been converted to a long sleeved, cable knit sweater in a lovely off-white hue. My earrings also had new attributes to them. If the temperature dropped below 10°C, they would expand and create earmuffs to protect my ears from the cold.

"IT'S TIME TO SETTLE THIS DEBATE CLASS 1-A! I turned to see the ever so annoying and aggressive Monoma.

"Oh it's you guys! Hey class B!" Kirishima waved.

"Stop boasting and flaunting! You obviously haven't seen the survey I took at the School festival!" Monoma displayed a piece of paper, obviously false.

"It looks like you wrote that five minutes ago." I spoke, from where I stood, I smelt the fresh ink of a biro pen coming from the paper Monoma held.

"Shut up Fleabag! You got any better at controlling that quirk of yours? Or are you going to let everyone walk over you like a doormat again?" Those words were like a shot to the heart. Anger coursed through me, but I sighed and released the feeling in a controlled breath.

"Amao is no doormat! For your information he is a great fi-" Tenya started, I quickly grabbed his hand to tell him to stop.

"So it's true then? My point is proven." Monoma turned to his class. "Everyone! Soon, Amao Odayaka will get kicked out of the Hero course meaning that one of us can take his place!"

"That's not going to happen." I muttered to myself.

"What was that!?" Monoma made the wrong move as he got up close into my face.

"Kendo, please can you get your classmate away from me, I appreciate his forwardness in trying to fight me, but I'd rather take my orders from someone who actually has authority over me." I signalled to Kendo, she smiled at me widely and set Monoma down a couple of pegs.

"It's time for joint class training!" I turned to see both Aizawa and Vlad King standing between our classes.