Chapter 21

Without thinking Tenya had grabbed my hand and sped off, he opened a random door and clambered inside. It was a tiny store cupboard, our bodies were pressed up against each other. I had my head resting on Tenya's neck, seeking refuge from the panic attack I was developing.

"It's going to be ok Amao, I'm here for you." Tenya gently held the back of my head. "We need to stay together."

"I envy your confidence and your sense of purpose Tenya, I really do." I sniffled in my tears.

"Why envy me when you have that confidence in you?" He gently picked up my chin. I looked at him, taking in the beauty of his deep-sea blue eyes. "You're still rebuilding the pieces of your life you've missed out on. And If I am the glue that helps you rebuild again? Then I am willing to take on that role."

"I wouldn't say your the glue." I held his hand and placed it on his chest. "You're more like the missing piece."

Tenya POV

As we huddled together in the cramped confines of the store cupboard, the gravity of the situation weighed heavily on my mind. Yet amidst the chaos and uncertainty, my thoughts kept returning to Amao, the person by my side. With each fleeting glance, I felt a rush of emotions surging through me, an intensity that threatened to overwhelm my senses.

I couldn't help but marvel at the strength and resilience he displayed, even in the face of adversity. His unwavering determination and quiet courage served as a beacon of hope amidst the darkness, guiding me through the turmoil of our current predicament. In that moment, as we clung to each other for comfort and support, I found myself drawn to him in a way I couldn't fully explain.

The proximity of our bodies sent a jolt of electricity coursing through me, igniting a fire within that burned with an intensity I had never experienced before. I longed to reach out and take his hand, to reassure him that we would get through this together. But beneath the surface, there was something more—a longing, a yearning that transcended words and defied explanation. In the quiet solitude of the store cupboard, amidst the chaos and uncertainty, I found myself falling deeper and deeper into the depths of my feelings for Amao, unable to deny the undeniable truth that lay within my heart.

Amao POV

I stared longingly into Tenya's eyes, his heart beating fast. I gently placed my hand on the other man's face, rubbing his cheek softly. Tenya closed his eyes, and he began to get closer to me. I mirrored his actions.

As our lips connected, my chest felt heavy, like someone had pounded me with bricks. This was the first time, the first time I had ever felt loved by anyone who wasn't expected to love me. As we parted I went bright red. Tenya's eyes widened, realising what we had just done.

"Amao, did we just kiss?" He looked at me, with a shocked expression.

"I think so." I giggled.

"Let's keep this to ourselves for now." He said, touching the space where our lips connected.

"I understand." I held his hand tightly.

"Amao, my parents are a traditional couple, they won't be too happy if I told them that I kissed a guy." Tenya started to panic. I hugged him tightly. He started to relax.

"They don't need to know yet, it's up to you to decide when you're ready to tell them, but for the meantime, you can always talk to my dad or uncle if you need anything." I assured him.

"Thank you Amao." He smiled, weakly.

"Is anyone in here?" We both went silent. I sharpened my claws. "I'm with the police."

We slowly opened the door, thankfully the police were behind the door, including a couple of local Pro Heroes. I sighed loudly, clutching my head and retracting my claws.

"Are you boys alright?" The Pro asked us.

"Yes!" We both said in unison, faces bright red.

"Alright then, we'll get you to safety now." The pro then guided us to our friends.

"Amao! Tenya! We were so worried about you!" Tsu hugged me. "What happened?"

"We hid." I said, trying not to blurt out the goings of within the storage closet.

After Tenya had walked me home, I couldn't wait to tell my dad about what happened.

"Amao!" He shouted, pulling me up the stairs. "What happened at the mall!?"
"About the lockdown?" I asked.

"Of course! Why? Did something else happen?" Dad sat me down on the sofa and then sat next to me.

"We went into lockdown, but thanks to Tenya, we found a place to hide." His eyes opened wide.

"That boy, he's really something special." Dad smiled. "What else did you want to tell me?"

"He really is something special." I drifted, thinking about that kiss we shared. "We did some things."

"Amao! Without protection!? You know better than to have sex without protection, and in a public place." Dad tapped me on the head, gently but with firm intentions.

"No! We didn't do that! We just kissed." I explained.

"Congratulations bear!" Dad cheered for me. "I think in celebration we should cook a great dinner!"

"My thoughts exactly." I smiled.