Chapter 9

The Second obstacle was a different Kettle of fish. "The Fall" as Present Mic adorned it. I stopped in my tracks, waiting, devising a plan. My fellow classmates caught up with me. Others rushed in with no plan, a lot of them failed. But then, I saw something worth my attention. It was Uraraka, she was holding desperately to the wire. This was my time to act, and act I did.

I leapt across the chasms using my leg strength until I was just about getting to the desperate girl.

"Uraraka! Take my hand!" I outreached my hand, she just was able to hold on. "I've got you! Are you ok?"

"Thank you!" She sighed, relief coursing through her body.

"Shall we finish this together?" I asked her, as we landed on another platform.

"That would help a lot." She chuckled, "What's the plan?"

I rehearsed the plan to her briefly, and she was receptive.

"Get ready!" I shifted on my front two hands, so that I was on all fours, reminiscent of an actual bear. I compiled all of my strength into my legs, and at the right time I shouted. "Now Ochaco!"

As I said that I felt lighter, Uraraka, who held onto my back, had used her quirk to make me lighter, therefore more aerodynamic. I shot off the platform we were on, sprinting towards the next challenges.

"You have to give it to him, Amao is the only student who got all of their points in saving others in the entrance exam." Mic yelled. "Getting Ochaco to use her quirk to help both of them out is also very inventive!"

I then noticed that the next obstacle was land mines. We slowly gained on the lead, Midoriya was flying next to us due to a propulsion from the land mines.

"Ochaco, I'm losing altitude!" I said, I then noticed that she was on the ground, waving to me, she smiled then pressed her hands together.

I began to plummet to the ground. At an alarming rate, Bakugo and Shoto were fighting below me. I landed on top of them, using their heads as stepping stones, they most certainly were not happy with me. I felt myself losing speed, my legs were sore, incredibly sore, but I couldn't give up.

"Remember all the times you had to run from those bullies, all the times you had to run home in fear of your life being taken from you, those times trained me for this, trained me to win!" I shouted to myself as I was on the home stretch.

"Each of these students have the drive to succeed." Aizawa stated coldly.

I ran and ran, Midoriya ran to the side of me. I shouted at him.

"Take the win Izuku!" I shouted.

"What!? It's yours!" He shouted.

"Just do it!" I grabbed his arm and hurled him through the finish line.

"Izuku Midoriya takes the win! In hot pursuit, it's Amao Odayaka!" Mic screeched.

I panted, looking at the stands I saw Uncle Tashiro standing in the Isle cheering for me, he jumped up and down in pure excitement. I beamed at him, something he hadn't seen in a while. I saw him wipe a tear from his eye.

"Congratulations to the top 42 who passed. You will be moving on to the next round." Midnight announced. "And now, the second challenge will be... A cavalry Battle! Participants will make groups of 4. They will each be given a head band corresponding with their placement in the obstacle race. The winner of the race, Mydoriya, will receive a headband worth 10,000,000 points.

Everyone stared at Midoriya. It was nice to have everyone look at someone else for a change.

"Even if your team's headbands get stolen or you fall down. You can carry on until the time runs out!" Midnight's loud yet provocative voice struck the whole stadium.