Chapter 40

Under no circumstances could we speak about our work studies, to anyone, not even to the ones involved. I remember Tenya asked me about them.

"So how's the work studies going Amao?" He asked as I lay on his bed.

"I-I can't say anything." I turned away from him.

"What are you talking about?" Iida turned towards me and held my waist.

"No, really Tenya, I can't tell you anything about what me and Kirishima are getting up to." I reflected on my poor choice of words.

"You and Kirishima have no reason to be that close with each other." Tenya sat up and scolded me.

"We're not like that!" I defended myself.

"You're getting so defensive!" He raised his voice. "Now that I think about it, he's been spending a lot of time in your dorm lately, hope we're not breaking the dorm rules?"

"Fuck off Tenya, we aren't dating, you are my boyfriend, now can we be done?" I snapped.

"Get out." Tenya snapped back. "Get out, I don't even want to look at you."

"Fine, until you realise that I can still be friends with others and still love you, we are better off not seeing each other." I stormed out the door, tears falling from my eyes. That night in my dorm, I ate two sheet cakes that I had made, and regurgitated them back in my toilet, a habit that I thought I'd lost for good, making a resurgence.

A couple days later and we still hadn't spoken, I had just gotten my lunch and I looked at my table with my usual friends, Iida shot a glare at me. I shifted my seating position and sat with Tokoyami and Shoji.

"Amao, a pleasure to have you sit with us." Tokoyami began to eat.

"Thank you, I just needed a change of scenery." I smiled, weakly.

"How come you're not sitting with Iida?" Dark shadow prodded at me.

"O-oh! Um... well, I-!" I was caught off guard.

"I heard through the walls." Shoji created an ear and a mouth from his hands. "I've heard a lot..."

"That's so embarrassing." I went bright red. "It's complicated at the moment."

"It's all ok, I know it must be tough." Shoji placed his hand on my head.

"I'm slipping back into old habits, and I don't know how to get out. And I can't tell anyone whats going on between Iida and I and my work study. A-and I keep getting nightmares and flashbacks and my eating is getting worse, I'm getting angrier. It's getting too much!" I burst out into tears.

"We're here for you." Tokoyami spoke, softer than usual.

It was the middle of that night, and I was already awake by my own nightmares. I had my best interest in making tea. So with my phone in hand, I walked down into the common area and used the kettle there, since my laptop was taking up the space with my plug socket.

Whilst making the tea, I got a notification, it was a hero callout. They had found Eri. Suddenly, I saw Deku, Tsu, Kiri and Ochaco all standing in front of me.

"They've found her." I smiled.

The next day we had gathered at Nighteye's agency whilst we were given the attack plan.

"We are going to attack today." Nighteye spoke.

Whilst we stood outside the headquarters, Kirishima pulled me aside.

"Are you ready?" He asked, I looked away from him. "What's going through your head?"

"Just keep it together Amao..." I whispered to myself, unaware of the events about to unfold.