Chapter 13

I was running on empty, but I couldn't let that show, especially not to Bakugo. I was exhausted putting up this fight with myself, I felt I was losing myself in anger. But I needed to stick to the plan, if things went wrong, one instance of violence, walk out of bounds. But whether or not Bakugo would give me the chance to, that would greatly impact the outcome of this battle.

"Welcome to the first match of the Semi-finals!" Present Mic spoke into the microphone. "Coming in from the left, we have, the gentle giant, Amao Odayaka! And coming in from the right, its Katsuki Bakugo!"

I walked out onto the stage, I looked a mess, I felt a mess too. I looked into Bakugo's eyes for a brief moment, his eyes revealed sadistic intentions behind his plan, this struck through me, ripping every last bit of confidence I had within me like a wild beast.

"Battle begi-!" Midnight didn't even finish her sentence before Bakugo charged towards me, using his quirk as a booster.

As he approached me, I just managed to avoid his attack by ducking underneath him. My heart was pounding, my mind was filled with negativity, bad thoughts and bad outcomes, I couldn't continue, I needed to leave. I began to walk towards the edge of the stage, that was until I felt an explosive heat next to me. I was knocked to the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bakugo had a face of pure rage on him. "It's insulting you call yourself a hero and not even make an effort to fight."

"Let me go, please." I muttered. I was starting to lose myself. My breathing became erratic, eyes welled with tears.

"And now you put up that sob story! Woe is me, I'm too fat to fight! Feel bad for me!" Bakugo relentlessly hit me as I cowered in fear.

Tenya POV

We sat watching this fight, and it was intense. Bakugo, bullying Amao into getting him to fight. He said some pretty nasty things about Amao. It made me so angry that he was allowed to get away with this. Amao was in no shape to fight right now.

"I can't watch this." Jiro was tearing up.

"It's clear that Amao isn't able to win this, but I hate that it's having to come to this for him to realise it." Yaoyorozu pressed her knuckles to her mouth.

"Come on everyone, we need to cheer for Amao!" Kirishima turned to us. "He might not win, but I know he has it in him to put up a decent fight!"

"He can't..." I gripped onto the metal bars that separated us from the arena. Everyone turned to me. "Amao's fight or flight triggered."

"What do you mean?" Aoyama and Mina asked me.

"He's going to fight, but he won't understand what he's doing." I had to tell the class, it would be wrong to leave them in the dark.

We were distracted for a moment until we heard an almighty roar coming from the stage, it shook the whole stadium, like an earthquake. I looked down at the stage, my eyes watering.

"Amao! WALK OFF!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I was begging with him, but he couldn't hear me. "PLEASE! JUST WALK!"

Amao POV

"You know, I'm not stupid Amao." Bakugo chucked as I cowered in front of him. "I sussed you out from the beginning, and today only further reinforced my notion about you."

My breathing was getting faster, my heart racing, I couldn't hold on any longer.

"You, you put up this act of sweetness, to cover up the ugliness, not just physically but mentally too." Bakugo charged towards me, exploding the ground in his path. "You're a fucked up faggot!"