Chapter 27

When I slowly began to open my eyes, I noticed a blinding light, reflective of hospital lighting. Hovering over me was a stranger. He was dressed in a doctor's coat, and a face mask.

"Morning Amao, how'd you sleep?" The doctor asked me, sitting me up in my chair.

"What happened?" I stirred, I looked down at my legs and arms, which were covered in bandages.

"When your friends brought you in, we had to carry out a major surgery, to take out the remaining bullets in your body. In addition, we had to give you a blood transfusion due to the considerable amount of blood you lost." He smiled.

"Where are my friends? Are they safe?" I asked him.

"They are all safe and sound." The doctor then took off his mask. "One of your friends, Tenya, he never left your side."

"I figured." I sniffed.

There was a knock at the door, In the translucency of the window, I saw that there were multiple people. The doctor then left, allowing the figures to enter.

"Amao!" All of my classmates rushed into the room, each of them holding a bouquet of flowers.

"What are all of you doing here?" I sighed, trying to smile. "I don't want you all to see me like this."

"Amao, you sacrificed your life for us, there aren't enough words to describe how thankful we are." Tenya held his hand to his chest.

"You guys shouldn't have risked your lives to save Bakugo and I." I started. I then pointed to Deku, Shoto and Tenya. "You guys should've known to not use your quirks."

"Technically, we didn't use our quirks for combat, so it was legal." Tenya smiled, this new side of him was very cute to see.

"Well I'm glad you all are safe." I smiled. Each of my classmates left me their respective gift before leaving.

"Amao, your dad and uncle are just arriving, I'm going to go down to meet them." Tenya gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room.

"See you in a second, love." I smiled. I knew I wasn't alone in the room, I could hear his breathing. "Bakugo, I know you're in here, come out."

Stalking out from behind the curtain next to me stood a shocked blonde haired boy. He was unsure how to react to me. Unsure whether or not to approach me.

"What's on your mind?" I signalled to him to sit on the edge of my hospital bed.

"I don't want to sit down." He snapped.

"That's ok, what's up?" I asked.

"Why do you want to help people so much considering what happened to you in middle school?" Small explosions popped in his hands.

"I know how it feels to feel helpless, I know the exact feeling to be physically pinned down and punched until I was bruised to the point that I was unrecognisable. I want to help those who suffered like I did." I looked away from him, his eyes widened for a second.

"Why didn't you just fight back?" Bakugo looked at me with a disgusted look.

"Because I was scared, and when I did fight, I couldn't control myself. You saw me at the sports festival." I said.

"I just don't understand why you are like this!" Out of anger, Bakugo burned a hole through my hospital bedding.

"Please, just calm down Bakugo." I grabbed his hand, he tried to snatch it away from me but I tightened my grip. "You have my number, text me with whatever is on your mind and I'll try my best to help you in any way possible. Because I know you are a nice person deep down, but there's something preventing you from showing that."

Bakugo took a step back, he then ran out of the room, desperately yearning to leave. Soon after he left, dad, uncle and Tenya entered the room. My dad ran up to me, tears in his eyes, he wrapped his arms around me.

"Amao, I'm so glad you're safe." Dad hugged me tightly, I felt a shooting pain in my back. "I'm sorry bear!"

"Tenya, I can't explain to you enough in words how grateful I am for you saving Amao." Dad turned to Tenya, hugging him.

"Mr Odayaka, it was Amao who was prepared to sacrifice his life to save me and the rest of our class." Tenya stood next to me. Behind his back he outreached his hand to hold mine, which I graciously accepted.

"Amao is lucky to have someone like you." Uncle smiled.

"Thank you sir." Tenya bowed in utmost respect. "You have raised an incredibly compassionate and caring man."

"Shush you!" Dad looked away, bashfully.

"Tenya?" My uncle turned to my lover. "Does your family know?"

"No." Tenya squeezed my hand with gentle firmness. "They don't know about us, and I'm almost positive they wouldn't support us.

"When you're ready, you can tell them, but as I said before, we will support you." My family drew closer, each of us hugging Tenya, showing our full support.

"Thank you all for your supportiveness." Tenya smiled at me, and shook hands with the rest of my family.

After that, the Pro Hero Recovery Girl entered my room to finish my treatment, which healed my external wounds perfectly. However, what I noticed in the mirror when I turned around was that my back was scarred with at least 20 bullet holes from when I almost killed the villain, who I later found out was called Mustard.These new scars I now carry show the lengths I went to put others before myself.