thirty

Riki walks out of the training studio late in the evening. He stayed a little bit longer to practice after everyone left. He usually do this because he feels like he needed an extra amount of time to practice.

He walked towards the trashbin to throw away the empty bottle of energy drink, he was about to turn around and leave when he notice a shadow of a person crouching on the corner near the bin.

"Wha—"

"Shh!"

Riki was pulled down and had his mouth covered by the person's hand. He blinked his eyes to adjust to the darkness and realizes it was Sunoo. The older boy sneakily looked around the area before he slowly removes his hand blocking Riki's mouth.

"May I borrow your phone?"

"What are you doing here, hiding behind—"

"Just let me borrow your phone, please," Sunoo said.

"What for?" Riki asked, already fishing his phone out of his pocket.

"I just need to call someone," Sunoo answered. "After this I will not show up again."

Riki handed him his phone and watched as Sunoo typed in a number that he has memorized. Sunoo looked up at him after.

"Can you please go away for a minute?" Sunoo asked.

Although confused, Riki did as told. He stood up and walked a bit further away from the bin, looking out the area. It took more than five minutes before Sunoo stood up from hiding behind the trash bin and walked towards Riki with an obviously teary eyes.

Did he cry?

Sunoo handed him the phone before he wiped off is tears.

"Thanks, that'll be the last, I swear," Sunoo speaks.

"What do you mean last?" Riki asked. "And who did you call?"

Riki scrolled through his phone trying to view the history of calls but Sunoo deleted the number already.

"No one," Sunoo said. "Do you take a cab home or do you have a ride?"

"I have a..." Riki watched as a car stopped in front of them. "I have a ride, do you want to—"

"No," Sunoo quickly declined. "I'll just take a cab."

Riki stared at the older boy confused, but he didn't dare question him further and just politely excused himself, they do not know each other anyways.

He was about to walk towards the car when Sunoo stopped him by grabbing the end of his shirt. Riki looked back and watch as how Sunoo removes his wrist watch and handed it to him.

"I once ran away from home and secretly joined a fashion show, I don't know how I got in and finish the event but anyways, that's a gift I received from someone," Sunoo said. "It's costumized and have my name engraved at the back. It's very important to me so please keep it with care."

"Why are you giving this to me?" Riki asked, staring at the valuable item.

"So in any case that we'll never see each other again, you will still remember me."

Riki looked up and saw the strange boy smiling at him.

"Don't worry, I'll always remember you," Sunoo added. "Thanks for letting me borrow your phone. If a strange number calls you back and look for me, just tell them I'm waiting for them to come."

Riki isn't able to say anything back as the boy waved his hand at him and slowly retreated away. He was only able to watch the boy, who would always come at their restaurant and order food to waste away and stare at him; and now has said good bye to him.