eleven

Jay has gotten tired scrolling through random videos on his phone, he turned his phone off and checks on Jake beside him on the sofa.

The council vice president has finally calmed down from crying but he's still spacing out. Growing up watching domestic abuse between his parents have really scarred him for life, yet he refused to attend counsel consultations and claimed he's doing fine.

Well, he is. Judging from Jake's everyday life, he truly is living a normal life. A student achiever and a role model. But Jay knows that despite those wide smile hides the deepest sadness and trauma after his father has passed away.

As much as Jay wanted to help, he couldn't do much except be there for Jake.

Jake moves his hand up and tried to wipe off the dry tears in his cheeks. They've been sitting at the boarding house lobby for not more than half an hour already. Jake hasn't spoken a word since then and Jay only let the time passed by, hoping his presence will be enough to comfort the council vice president.

"What time is it?" Jake finally spoke, avoiding Jay's eyes.

"It's one in the morning," Jay said.

"It's late," Jake said. "Uh..."

Jay flatly smiles.

"Do you want to stay for the night?" Jake asked, shy.

"No," Jay answered, not oblivious of the discomfort in Jake's tone. "I've to travel back home tomorrow morning too."

The council vice president only nodded in response.

"Are you sure you're okay now, though?"

Jake timidly nods as Jay stood up from the sofa.

"Alright," Jay said. "I'll leave you for now, call me when you need me."

Jake finally looks up at his only friend and smiled back at Jay. The council president only gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder before he proceeded to walk out the boarding house.

+++

Jake remained on his seat, staring up at the wall in front of him.

Heeseung was not back yet. Where could he have been? Did Sana beats him to death? Did they made up?

Questions flowed in his mind as the time passed by, he didn't mind the numbness in his left foot as he continued sitting there- waiting for the second year male to arrive.

He wanted to check on him. What if Heeseung has bruises? What if there's blood? Wh-

The door finally opened and Jake struggled to stood up, but his numbed foot prevented him from walking closer to Heeseung. Instead, the older male walks up to him with a blank expression.

"Heeseung-hyung," Jake greeted.

Heeseung touched his face with a blank look in his eyes, examining the obvious red mark on his cheek.

"I'm fine," Jake moves his face away from the older. "How are you?"

The student council then proceeded to check on Heeseung's face too, his arms that's full of red marks and some minor cuts with no blood.

"She did all this?" Jake asked, staring at Heeseung's arm.

The older male pulled his arms away, "Jake."

The name was spoken hard with authority and a hint of hate.

"You promised to stop bothering me after friday," Heeseung continued speaking. "It's saturday now, you shouldn't care."