fourteen

Jake walks out of the library building after returning the books he borrowed last week. He sighed defeated as he realized he only has three minutes left until his next class— but the distance of the library to music department was more than three minutes.

He walked a little faster, not worrying too much of the time. His eyes wonders around the large field, noticing students spending their free time hanging out at the grassy field. Amongst all the student, a couple hanging out under the lone tree caught his eyes. The boy was leaning on the tree trunk, reading a book. While the girl is peacefully lying on the grass, her head on the boy's lap.

Jake stopped walking for a second, staring at oblivious Heeseung and Sana. The couple looked peaceful and Jake felt a little jealous about it.

Even with how toxic their relationship is, that small sight have made Jake realized something. Those little peaceful moments with Sana is one of the many reasons why Heeseung has stayed loyal.

Jake started walking again, afraid he'd get caught staring. He didn't see as Heeseung looks his way and stared at his back until he disappeared inside the building of music department.

+++++

Sana stood up from her bed when she heard a noise from the kitchen. She walked out of her room to check and saw Heeseung standing before the kitchen counter, cutting vegetables.

"Isn't it too early to prepare for dinner?" Sana asked, walking closer to her boyfriend.

Heeseung glanced at her briefly, "I'm trying a new recipe."

"What recipe?"

"Just wait for it," Heeseung said flatly.

Sana bites on the inside of her cheeks, holding back the bit of anger building up inside her. Instead, she walked back towards their smalll dining table and sat there, watching Heeseung who busied himself with his new recipe.

Although they live under the same roof now, their relationship didn't improve as much. Instead it started feeling like she's living with a stranger. She tried so hard to avoid starting an argument or creating any conflict between them. She held back those times she wanted to take a break. But instead of pulling Heeseung closer to her, it felt the exact opposite.

She was rethinking her actions, wondering whether being too possessive again will bring Heeseung's attention back to her. But she didn't want to go back to that toxic part of their relationship.

In more than two years, she will marry this man. It was a promise they made from the start of their relationship, but as days go by, Sana could feel the change in Heeseung's treatment towards her.

Sana flinched as Heeseung poked her cheeks.

"Why are you spacing out? What are you thinking?" Heeseung asked before going back to the kitchen counter.

Except these little moments that Heeseung acts friendly in front of her.

It's...different.

"Heeseung..."

The boy briefly glanced at her, still on his mission of cutting vegetables.

Before Sana could speak about her thoughts, her phone suddenly rings nonstop— not because of a call but because of her school friends spamming the group chat with multiple messages.

She quickly went to her messages and check on the new gossips.

"Oh my gosh," Sana reacted as soon as she scrolls up, reading her messages.

+++

"Why?" Heeseung asked, getting curious as well.

Sana's circle of friends always have the hottest tea and sometimes, it is his past time to listen to Sana whenever she shares the gossip with him too. Heeseung was only staying silent but he knew almost every juicy gossips going around the university as well.