nineteen

minutes after jake went inside the boarding house's gate

+++

Sunoo didn't bother re-checking if he'd locked the car door as he slowly walks towards the corner where the boarding house is, limping. He coughs as he tried to blink the dizziness away, making his sight twice and blurry.

"Oh, shit," Sunoo curses as someone suddenly held him on his arms, gripping hardly.

He looked up and saw a blurry image of a tall man, despite not being able to see his face cleary— Sunoo already knew who it is.

"Let go," Sunoo said, wriggling away from Heeseung's grip.

"Where have you been?" The older boy asked, voice calm yet firm.

Sunoo only rolled his eyes, pushing the older boy away with all his might.

"None of ya business," Sunoo slurs, shrugging his shoulder when Heeseung finally let go.

"What is this all about?" Heeseung asked again, standing in front of him.

Sunoo laughs sarcastically as he looks up, meeting Heeseung's gaze. He took a step forward only to hold on to Heeseung's arm for support as he couldn't stand straight for too long.

They stared at each other for who knows how long until Sunoo's eyes welled up in tears. There's a sudden lump in his throat and he couldn't utter all the things he has practiced to say to Heeseung. The sudden encounter with the older boy made him as if sobber. There's not enough courage in him to blame Heeseung.

The tears went down his cheeks, making him hate himself more instead of hating Heeseung just as he thought about it while drinking.

"I hate you," Sunoo whispered as he tried to wipe off his tears.

He didn't break the eye contact, instead he felt guilty saying those words when he saw the sudden change of emotions in Heeseung's eyes. From mad to worried.

"What happened?" Heeseung asked, concerned.

The older boy held him by the shoulder again as Sunoo looks down.

Sunoo shook his head, not being able to say everything he's been meaning to tell the older boy.

For a week now, Sunoo has been over-thinking about everything. It was a vague conclusion but it brought fear in him and made him doubt Heeseung's sincerity towards his promise. He wanted to ask straight ahead but whenever he looked at Heeseung, he felt guilty. Heeseung only showed him kindness since then.

+++

Sunoo blinks multiple times, finding himself sitting by the plant box holding a cold bottle of water. Beside him was Heeseung who wore an unimpressed look in his face.

"Sobber now?"

Sunoo faked a cough and looked away, his hands immediately started playing with the bottle of water.

"Is this what you have been doing the whole week? Drinking?" Heeseung asked. "What's going to be your reason now? Thank heaven your Dad's in an important meeting abroad, else you'd be damned."

Usually, Sunoo would say sorry, but he couldn't find those words in his mind as of current. There were many thoughts lingering in his mind and he does not want to say any of it right now.

"Are you even listening to me?"

Sunoo honestly shook his head, "Heeseung-hyung..."

"If this reaches your Dad, don't say anything and let Hyung expl—"

Make It Right -•heejake au•-जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें