one

Heeseung looks away when Sana finally notices his existence from the hallway. He taps his foot lightly on the floor, waiting for his girlfriend to approach him and get the lab report he made for her last night. It didn't take long when Sana left the classroom, not before kissing her new boytoy, and stood before Heeseung.

"Why are you here?" Sana asked, half annoyed. "Your department is in the other building."

Heeseung didn't answer, instead he handed her the assignment she asked for Heeseung to do the other day- when they're still okay.

"Oh, thanks!" Sana smiled up at him, taking the papers. "The art piece I was asking you to finish changed its due to next week, so you can rest for a while."

Sana turns around with no other words said, leaving Heeseung on the hallway alone. Heeseung was used to this by now, cold treatment- or whatever. In the next few days or in a week, Sana will still go back to him anyway.

That's more than enough.

He glanced at her one last time before he decided to leave, he turned around ready to walk away in silence until he met eyes with two boys staring at him from the corner. One, Jake.  The other person...eh. Heeseung looked away and continued on his way to his first class, not minding the eyes following his every movement.

+++

Jake turns around to look at the person before him upon hearing the student council's president click his tongue in disapproval.

"He never learns," Jay commented as he looked away from the person that was his best friend. "It's been five years."

Jake remained silent as he didn't know how to respond to him. Instead, he started walking to the department with the president following close beside him.

"I really hope he will soon realize how bad of a situation he fell into by sticking close to that girl, she's a psycho."

"I saw them fighting yesterday in one of our classrooms," Jake couldn't help but spill. "She slapped him in front of students."

Jay only laughed, a dry and sarcastic one. Jake half smiled, sad.

Heeseung was once a popular boy in high school...Park Jay was his closest best friend. A sub vocalist in their band, a member of the varsity as well. Jay was Heeseung's first buddy, someone he trusted the most. Everything changed between them when Jay tried to convince Heeseung he should break up with Sana.

The years of their friendship vanished just because of a girl Heeseung has known for months. And although Jay still holds grudges for that, he never stopped hoping for Heeseung to finally realize how bad he has changed from his previous self.

+++

"Hey."

Heeseung looked up from the canvas in front of him to see the person who suddenly sat beside him in the lobby of the boarding house he was currently living at.

"As far as I know, a Music Major takes Art in their first year."

It was Jake who looked like he just arrived. He still wears his student council tag and a backpack behind him.

"So?" Heeseung asked as he started painting back a silhouette of a man's face with tears made of flowers.

"Nothing," Jake shakes his head. "You're a great artist."

Heeseung didn't respond.

"The council has arranged a proposal for the music department. Twenty exemplary chosen students will be given a chance to attend a musical event and meet some known composers in the country. It's approved this morning, do you want to come?"