twenty seven

unedited, feel free to point out errors🍀

+++

Riki removes his earphones out as he enters the restaurant early in the morning. He made his way to the employee area to change his clothes and keep his things inside a locker.

"Did you come straight from your training?" An employee asked as Riki was putting the apron on.

Riki only hums in response.

"Your regular costumer is here since three, he's not ordering anything though."

Riki looks up confused at the employee.

"You know, that boy who's crushing on you," the employee said. "He's in the fourth table near the kitchen, the one beside the window."

Riki forced a small smile to not seem rude before he turns around and left the employee area. He didn't know how to respond to that, he does not even care if Sunoo was here or not. The boy has not been coming since last week of October.

Sunoo came by almost daily. It's either he would order the usual combination of dish for take out and dine-in, or he would just have the take outs and sit close to the counter and stare at Riki while waiting for his order.

Riki may or may not have gotten accustomed to his presence already, although he found him really annoying the first month— and the fact that Sunoo was very consistent, that got Riki really curious.

Just as Riki stood by his place behind the counter, his eyes scanned the whole area looking for a familiar figure. Usually, Sunoo would sit to a table close to the counter and would shamelessly stare at Riki for hours.

Now though, he found Sunoo next to the window— staring outside and as if in deep thoughts.

"He must be waiting for you," someone nudged him from the side, giving him the menu. "Go ask for his order."

Riki took the menu and followed the order, acting as if it's out if his will but deep inside- he was glad someone told him to do it.

Ooops.

Riki stood quietly beside the table, thinking of ways on what to say and start a conversation. Although he knew he would only end up asking if Sunoo would take the usual.

Until the boy noticed his existence and looked up at him, the usual smile spreads on his lips but Riki didn't see it reflecting on his eyes.

"Hi, Riki."

"H-hi..." why is he stuttering?

"May I ask if you guys have home delivery service?"

No, we don't— "Y-yes."

"Great!" Sunoo smiled wider. "Then may I please take my usual order delivered to...uh, my boarding house?"

Riki bites his lips.

Did he just add an extra work for himself?

+++

Jake enters the meeting room after receiving an e-mail from the faculty last night. They have to provide a plan for the winter fest by the end of the week.

The first thing he notices upon entering is the box of take-out coffees in the middle of the table, and the lone yellowbell flower placed in front of his seat.

The flower was obviously picked up from somewhere in the plant box before the university gate. Jake picked it up from the table and was about to throw it in the garbage bin when someone from the door spoke.