thirteen

Jake couldn't help but roll his eyes at Jay when the older male handed him a folder as a gift. He knew what's inside, receiving the same exact folder ever since the filing of candidacy started.

"When are you going to stop?" Jake asked, "I don't want to be a part of the council again."

"Is it not because I am banned from filing candidacy?" Jay asked back, raising a brow.

A small pout resurfaced in Jake's lips as he looked down on his food.

"You still have a lot of time to build your own people," Jay continued speaking. "Run for president this time. We don't trust anyone from the current candidates."

Jake didn't talk further as he began eating.

Jay has brought the whole music council to a Japanese restaurant for a dinner, saying it will be their last dinner together as part of the music council. Their term would end in two weeks and the rest of the council are banned for filing another candidacy except for Jake.

The whole music council are urging Jake to run for president this time, but Jake didn't want to. The only reason he ran to be a part of council in high school was because his homeroom teacher pushed him to do it. He won the first time and Jay was his president. Jake liked the way how the responsibilities of being a student council has managed to take his thoughts off his family, so he continued doing it.

Every year, Jake's president is Jay. They share the same vision and goals and rarely clashed when making a decision. Jake liked how easy it is to work with Jay even with a difficult council members. They always managed to give a better community to students.

Now that Jay wouldn't be able to run for president again, Jake didn't know how to continue serving his co-students. He, too, didn't like the current candidates, but he can't see himself being better if he'd work with anybody else and not Jay.

The whole dinner went peaceful as everyone refrains from bringing up the topic again. They just shared their fun experiences and reminisced everything that happened during their term and laughed about it whole-heartedly.

It was already past eight in the evening when they left the restaurant, Jake being the only one riding with Jay in the car.

Instead of the boarding house, Jay went to an unfamiliar road and stop in front of a dance studio, patiently waiting for someone.

Jake looks around and reads every sign his eyes could see, wondering where were they.

"How long are we going to stay here?" Jake asked after ten minutes of just staying silent.

"He's here," Jay only said.

Jake looked in front, seeing a group of young boys leaving the small dance studio— one running towards them as he spotted the car.

"Oh," the boy whispered, surprised, as he realize Jake was sitting on the passenger seat.

The boy closed the door again and enter at the backseat, the smile in his lips disappearing as he pulled out an earphone in his pocket.

Jay then speaks in a language Jake cannot fully understand. He knew it is Japanese and he can recognize some words, but he stayed quiet and only gave Jay a confuse look.

"He's Riki," Jay then said, glancing at Jake.

"Hi," Jake said, sending a shy smile towards the boy.

The boy only smiled at him before putting on his earphones and ignoring everything.

"Do you have friends in every country?" Jake asked, half amused and half sarcastic.