twenty four

Jake counts the corners he's passing by, trying to remember which street has Jay turned his car from last time when they drop Heeseung off his shared house with Sana.

He eyes every house hoping to see a familiar landmark he has mentally made during that time, although it was vague as his thoughts were in a middle of a storm that same day.

Jake stopped walking as he saw two cars leaving from the next corner, the last one looking very familiar. The said last car stopped for a moment, the window from the driver seat rolled open and a head peeked over- looking back at him. Sunoo.

He was about to walk closer and talk to him, but Sunoo closed the window already and drove away- following the first car.

The only thing that Jake noticed was the different look in Sunoo's eyes. It's not glaring like the way it was the last time they met.

Jake turns around, ready to go back to the boarding house. He felt like he has only wasted his time trying to help. He started walking, taking a bit of his time by looking around and trying to memorize every street— in case another emergency occurs.

There's a hidden voice inside his head laughing sarcastically at him. Upon receiving the call from Sunoo, Jake ran to the boarding house thinking he was there. He even left his school bag by the living room as he left again, running back to the university to look for them.

It's already dark when Jake decided to try looking for Heeseung and Sana's shared house. Although he's afraid of the dark and is unfamiliar with the road, he still took the courage to continue looking for them.

He tried and dialed Sunoo's number again, going even far and dialed Heeseung's number too. No one answered, obviously.

He has done everything he could do to help, but to no use at all.

Jake heaved a sigh of relief as he saw the court from a distance with a few kids playing. He actually could feel a presence of someone following him from behind, and though he was curious, he was too afraid to look back.

Who knew? It could be a bad person or it's not a living thing at all.

Jake shivers at the thought, walking even faster until he's finally in the court. He crossed the road and went to the convenience store, finally having the courage to check who's the person walking behind him just as he entered the store.

There, across the road, stood a tall person. He was facing Jake as well with both his hands on his pockets, the look on his face shows he knew he was scaring Jake and as if he's trying not to laugh about it. But what caught Jake's attention was the bandage covering his left forearm.

Jake pushed the door open again, walking off the store and ran across the road.

"Was it you all along?" Jake asked as he stood before the tall male.

Just as Jake already expected, he laughed.

"You could have just approached me, you know?"

"If I did that, you would have ran away."

"Yeah, probably," Jake nodded, agreeing. His eyes went down to his covered forearm, "What happened to that?"

"Nothing serious," Heeseung shrugged. "What are you doing there? As far as I know you hate unfamiliar places."

Jake looks away, his eyes trying to look for an empty bench where they could sit. He started walking towards one just so he could avoid the question, the older male following behind him.

"No wonder you're friends with Jay, you're both cowards," Heeseung speaks. "The only difference is Jay would have probably looked back and check who was following him."