twelve

random time skips

+++

Jake pulled out his printed new class schedule from the folder. He sat on a chair and began cutting it out before he sticks the paper to the cardboard on the wall, arranging it in order so everytime he would look at it he'll not get confuse.

He was now a second year music student, five months has passed after the university week incident. The class will officially starts tomorrow and Jake was beyond excited.

He met Sunghoon last month. It didn't go well as he imagined it to be, because Sunghoon was now talking about other people he met during his training abroad. The once quiet Sunghoon, who only has Jake as his friend, has started developing social skills and now has another set of friends.

Jake feels proud, but deep inside him he feels a little bit jealous. Sunghoon could end up liking one of his new friends. It was a thought that bothered him every night.

He still couldn't accept the fact that he and Sunghoon are over and should only be friends. Although it's been a year now, Jake still loves him.

He still has those thoughts every night, what if Sunghoon regrets breaking up with him and wanted to get back together? It was the same reason he couldn't find the will to move on. Jake wanted to stay in love and accept Sunghoon when those thoughts becomes reality.

A loud knock on his door pulled him out of his deep thoughts.

Jake stood up from the chair to open the door, a smiling Sunoo greeted him from outside.

"Jake-hyung!" The boy greeted excitedly.

The second year male smiled back at him, "Sunoo."

"It's good to know you're still living here, I'll be happy to live next to you!"

"Uh?" Jake looked confused. "Next to me?"

"Yeah," Sunoo said before pointing at the door next to them. "It's my room now."

It was Heeseung's room before.

"Where's Heeseung-hyung?" He asked.

"He will be living in a same roof with Sana starting today."

Jake forced a smile. There's a sudden curiousity building up inside him, and he worries about the older boy. Living together with that girl would only make Heeseung's situation more miserable.

"It's the first day of school tomorrow, can I come with you?"

The excitement and hope resounding in Sunoo's voice was too loud and Jake couldn't seem to decline. He didn't want to see the disappointment in those sparkling eyes.

So, even though unsure, Jake nodded. "Of course, I can tour you around the campus."

"Thanks, Hyung," Sunoo said.

The younger boy then turns to his side and walked up to his room, entering the door and waving at Jake before he closed it. Jake let his smile drop as he entered his own room.

A random question bothered his thoughts. Will Heeseung let himself be trapped on that toxic relationship for the rest of his life? Why?

Jake will never understand.

+++++

Jake waved back to Sunoo as the first year male joined a group of his new classmates.

As promised, the neighbors went to school together and Jake walked the younger boy to his building. Sunoo has met someone he knew and told Jake he can do good by himself already. The first year male was an obvious extrovert and Jake was glad he didn't have to accompany him for the rest of the day.