ten

unedited, yo author has been too busy to update😔

+++

Heeseung tiredly locks up the door behind him, noticing Jake sitting on the couch with a familiar paper bag beside him.

"Did you win again tonight?" The student council asked just as Heeseung stopped right in front of him.

"We'll make sure to win on Friday too," Heeseung said, confident. "Sunoo came here?"

Jake takes the paper bag beside him and handed it to Heeseung, to which he gladly accepts.

"What time did he leave?"

"It's already past nine when I saw him outside," Jake said.

Heeseung bites on his tongue as he quickly check on his phone. There he saw multiple missed calls from the siblings and their father. He suddenly felt nervous and guilty as he quickly dialled Sunoo's number first.

"Is there something wrong?" Jake asked, nervous as well.

The council stood up from the couch and went by his side, curious if the highschooler would answer as well.

Heeseung clicked his tongue as the tone ended and Sunoo didn't answer.

"Why?" Jake asked, curious.

"None of your business," Heeseung snapped, glaring at the student council.

Heeseung noticed how Jake took a step back, eyes wide. He quickly looked away from the student council and takes a heavy breath in.

"We had a deal," Heeseung said. "After Friday, you would never push me into doing things like this again."

"S-sorry..."

Heeseung briefly glanced back at him before he silently walks up the stairs, not bothering to reply.

"Sorry," as much as Heeseung wanted to say those words, he wouldn't.

If he wanted Jake to stay away, it's better to hurt his feelings like this. If he shows kindness to him, Jake would only get attached more.

+++++

Friday, 2130 (9:30pm).

"Wouldn't you stay until the end??" Jay asked, curious.

Jake looked at the stage, eyeing the other volunteers carryig the presidential table out the stage as the members of music department's band make their way on their stage.

"Don't you wanna see how good Heeseung is in singing?"

Jake looks down on his shoes, hiding his annoyed face from the council president.

"They managed to climb up to finals, but I'm sure it's about the blending of the instruments to his voice," Jake said. "They are indeed talented."

A small laugh left Jay's lips, not oblivious of the annoyed tone in Jake's voice. "Are you still avoiding him?"

Jake shrugged, "I should go."

Before he could stand though, Jay has already held his arm tight- pulling him back down on the seat.

"Watch until the end, it's the last day of university week," Jay said.

"But I'm tired," Jake whined.

"Everyone in the council is," Jay said. "I always let you off early since last week, the others are already complaining."

Jake didn't talk back any further and stay seated beside the council president.