twenty

did anyone expect a double update? i didn't. just wrote it and published it. enjoy.

+++

"Hi, Jake."

"I'll come home this weekend."

"If you're available, can we meet?"

"Please..."

+++

Jake's chest felt heavier after reading the message from Sunghoon.

He is actually going home tomorrow since it'll be long weekend. For once, he wanted to be at home and away from everyone that reminds him of Heeseung. But as he received Sunghoon's message, Jake didn't know what to do anymore.

He wanted to avoid everyone at all cost.

He was still in a dillema, thinking he had done something wrong— he wronged Sana. He still blames himself and still cry about it every night. He didn't know if it's because he hated that it happened or because of the fact that he was about to kiss Heeseung back.

He couldn't justify his act and it hunts him even to his dream. For two weeks now.

He couldn't just say he didn't like the kiss because he knew he was about to give in and respond back. Did he like it? The answer to it made him hate himself even more.

Maybe.

+++

Jake went in for a stroll after re-thinking the decision of coming back to that place.  He decided to go, wishing Heeseung wouldn't be there.

But deep in his heart, he actually wish to see Heeseung there. He would not deny that the older boy gives him comfort at times like this. He was the only person who can calm the stormy thoughts in his mind. Heeseung was the only person who could lift up his mood, he can make him very comfortable that he's able to show his true emotions.

Heeseung is the only person who can do that aside from Sunghoon.

It's already past 10 in the evening and the court was still full of teenagers playing basketball. Amongst all of them, someone sitting alone from the bleachers caught his attention.

He didn't have to come close to recognize him— and he didn't want to come close. He walked towards the other bleachers and sat there, hoping the older boy didn't notice his presence.

Jake sat alone on the bleachers, staring at nothing in particular and spacing out. Head full of random thoughts and questions that he couldn't answer himself.

Until he noticed a group of teenagers approaching him.

"Do you play basketball?" One of them asked. "Even if you don't, team up with us. You don't have to do anything, just stay inside the court."

Jake turns to his left, noticing that Heeseung has already left.

"Okay," Jake agreed, hoping that playing with the teenagers will keep him from over-thinking random things that are not even important.

He stood up and followed the group inside the court, until he came face to face with their opponent and saw Heeseung with them. They stared at each other for quite awhile and Heeseung was the first to look away.

+++

The game has started and Jake tried to give his focus in playing. As if Heeseung has sensed that the student council is avoiding him, he distanced himself too and never once come his way— innocently giving away points to their team.