eight

Jake woke up after his usual five hours sleep. Of course it isn't enough to get him through the day and he sometimes sleep in the middle of the class or in a meeting. As a member of student council and a consistent academic achiever, Jake gets privileges from teachers- but sometimes Jake hates living this kind of life as a student.

The first thing he did was check for his messages and look for a specific name- hoping to see a greeting. Instead, the council group chat keeps on appearing in his screen.

What's up early in the morning and they're so hyped up? Jake didn't bother caring and muted the group chat before he charged his phone and started getting ready for school.

Today is monday, Jake was supposed to attend the council's formation before his first class, but when he arrived at the department he found no one from the student council there.

He checked the time one last time and was sure he was only a minute late, where is everyone?

"Jake-ssi?"

Jake looked behind him and found the department head standing before him.

"Where's everyone?"

Jake shrugged, confused. "They should be here..."

The department head shakes his head, displeased. He didn't said another word as he walked past Jake and entered the faculty. The student council then went to check their group chat.

Apparently, the whole council of music department didn't attend school today as a sign of protest. Jay will surely be damned after this. As the council president, he shouldn't have started this.

Jake didn't have a choice but to come to his classroom earlier and take a little nap there. It was the only class he will attend today as this week is actually a preparation for the upcoming university week.

+++

Not only the council was absent, some of the music students were nowhere to be seen as well- the props making team not being able to start doing their tasks at hand. Jake found himself stressing at the situation as well, cursing Jay on his messages but the council president never responds.

He was in the middle of trashtalking Jay in his messages when a notification arrived, Love sent you a message.

Jake's eyes sparkle for a bit as he quickly clicked on it, redirecting him to the message box.

Sunghoon's message was only "???". Jake's eyes went to the last text message he sent to him earlier this morning, only to realized he have sent the message he shouldn't have to.

"Happy Anniversary."

Jake bites on his lower lip as he tried to supress the tears clouding his eyes before he typed back a response.

"A friendship anniversary."

"Jake-ssi?"

Jake flinches as he looked behind him, looking up at the department head standing before the door. Jake has had enough of everyone's childish behavior and he opted to stay inside the meeting room alone.

"Yes?" Jake politely stood up to greet him.

"Do you really not know where Jay is? He's not answering my calls," the department head said, the same displeased look in his face.

Jake quickly shakes his head, "He does not reply to me either."

"Whatever," the department head said, "I'll just check his dorm room later. You can already go home if you don't have anything to do here. Don't worry, I'm excluding your name on the punishments."