twenty nine

Sunoo remained unfaze as he stared back at his reflection on the mirror, disregarding Sana's reflection behind him.

"Where are you going?" Sana asked, voice filled with doubt.

"On a date," Sunoo answered silently.

"I was informed of what you did last time," Sana said. "I'm warning you, if you did something stupid again I'm not going to defend you anymore."

"I was just doing what I know can save me, I don't need you," Sunoo replied, adjusting his tie.

Sana remained silent as she sat at the end of Sunoo's bed. Sunoo briefly looked at her reflection in the mirror, seeing her dressed up elegantly.

Sunoo could feel something aching inside his chest. Although he resent his sister, he still cares about what she would feel.

"Do you really think Heeseung can save you?" Sana asked.

"Do you really think you can save me?" Sunoo asked back. "Do you think agreeing to marry just anyone can save me? If yes, then why is Dad still pushing me to have these stupid dates?"

"If I pushed to marry Heeseung, do you think that can stop Dad from all these things?"

Sunoo gulped down hard, trying to swallow the words that he knew was too harsh to be spoken.

"Let Heeseung do whatever he wants," Sana speaks again. "If he really is capable to save us, he wouldn't fall in love with someone while in a relationship with me."

A sarcastic smile grazed Sunoo's lips as he turns to face his sister.

"It's partly your fault," he said. "You always made him feel like a choice that you would take as a last resort, you leave him when you're emotionally capable and made him carry all your burdens and you take out your negative emotions at him. You pushed him away, in the first place!"

"Now it's my fault?" Sana asked, eyes glaring back at Sunoo. "You were the one who confronted him in front of the person he likes. You were the first one to speak trash of him and even told Dad about it!"

Sunoo breathed deep, "I didn—"

"Yeah?" Sana interrupted him as she stood up from the bed. "If you have just shut your mouth close, I would've turn a blind eye on and Dad didn't have to know. Now you blame me?"

Sunoo closed his fist tight, trying to control his emotion and the urge to throw a punch. Sana is still his sister.

"If he really is capable to help us, he should've—"

Sunoo didn't let her finish her words and just silently leave his own bedroom.

+++

Jake opened the door to the faculty hoping to see Jay already waiting inside for him. Instead, it seems like he interrupted an important discussion as he found both Jay and Jungwon sitting across each other on the meeting table.

Both boys are looking at him with guilty eyes and Jake can only stare back at Jay with questioning eyes.

The former council president looked away first before he stood up and took his things. Jake watched as Jay walked towards him and shows an obviously fake smile.

"Hey—"

"I remember I have an early class today," Jay speaks. "Let's just talk maybe at lunch."

Jake couldn't reply back as Jay already left the room in a hurry. He looked back at Jungwon who was now innocently sipping at his coffee.