six

Heeseung looked behind him as he slowed down from jogging around the little park, Jake was walking slowly like a dead person from a far.

"I thought we're here for a jog, not a funeral!" Heeseung shouted, hoping to get Jake's attention.

The younger boy has asked earlier if Heeseung could come with him here, not to play basketball but for a round of jog. Heeseung has finished three rounds around the park and Jake's still on his first round walking.

Heeseung heaved a sigh as he walked back towards Jake. He held on to his arms and pulled him to side, letting him sit on the bleacher.

"What is it?" Heeseung asked, concerned. "Why are you so occupied?"

He sat beside the younger male, pulling out the small bottle of water from his pocket. He opened the lid and drinks from it, he finished and Jake still didn't answer the question.

"Is it something I could help or is it something very personal?" Heeseung asked again.

Jake pulled his knees towards his chest, a sad look in his eyes.

"Nothing," Jake whispered. "Just...thoughts."

Heeseung didn't respond as he looked around the area. A group of teenage boys are playing basketball in one of the courts. Just as then, he caught two teenagers walking towards them- nervous.

"H-hey," one of them speaks.

"Yeah?" Heeseung asked as Jake only stared curiously at them.

"We just want to ask if you could play basketball?"

"Why?" Heeseung asked again.

"We're out of players, it should be four versus four."

Heeseung looked at Jake, asking for permission. The younger male only nodded.

"Move to the other bleacher, the light's better in there," Heeseung said as he stood up.

"Only you?" Suddenly, one of the teenager speaks. "We need two players."

Heeseung looked back at Jake who only shakes his head.

"I've never played basketball before," Jake says.

"The most important thing is you know the rules and the basic," Heeseung said, offering his hand in front of the student council. "Come play with us."

"I don't-"

Heeseung grabbed Jake by the arms and pull him up, the younger male couldn't argue anymore as he followed Heeseung in the middle of the court- the teenagers cheering for them.

So, Jake and Heeseung played basketball with them.

+++

"Thanks again! We hope to see you next time here!"

Jake looks down at the amount of money the teenagers have given to them after winning two rounds of basketball. They have now 15 thousand won in hand. He couldn't believe they are able to make money by just winning some street basketball with teenagers.

"What do we do about it?" Jake asked as he stared up with Heeseung who was still waving goodbye with the kids, a big smile plastered on his lips.

Heeseung then turns to him, "We can go to a convenience store or buy some street foods, if you want."

Jake shakes his head as he handed Heeseung the money, who takes it in his hands and hides it in his pocket immediately.

"You said you've never played basketball before?" Heeseung then asked as he went to sit back on the bleacher, Jake following after.