sixteen

Jake tiredly sighs as he took out his written cheat for his pledge later after class. He has been trying to memorize it since Saturday after brainstorming of what should be included in his speech.

He didn't expect to win the election but he was glad he did. Thankfully, Jay came over to the boarding house and helped him craft his future promises and clear goals as the new council president.

Jay was one great distraction to his thoughts, too.

"You look worse," Jay commented, lookinng up from his laptop and staring at him.

"I have tons of pending classworks," Jake said, giving up on his task of memorizing the speech as he placed his head down on the table, feeling dejected.

"Should we eat lunch now? It's past 12," Jay only said, ignoring him. "The students are coming in and in no time, the university canteen will be too crowded."

Jake looked back up and scanned the place, regretting it as soon as his eyes caught two person standing at the end of the queue line— fingers locked together as they speak with each other, both wearing a wide smile.

The new council president got a sudden flashback about what happened last friday night. The kiss and the whole conversation he had with Heeseung.

Jake quickly looked away, guilty and embarassed.

Maybe it really is as what Heeseung said it is, the kiss was just nothing more than a distraction. Although it failed to distract the pain and betrayal he felt toward Sunghoon, it did distract his thoughts at major times.

Jake flinched as Jay slammed his hand on the table.

"What the fuck?!" He exclaimed, holding his chest as he breathes deeper to calm himself.

"What food do you want to eat?" Jay asked, unaffected of Jake's glaring eyes. "You fell into deep thoughts again, I'm just helping you go back to reality." Jay explained after.

"You were like this too during your term," Jake said. "Blame the department."

"No, I wasn't," Jay quickly denied. "You were like that because you're broken hearted."

"That's too personal," Jake said.

"I'm still mad at you for not telling me about it," Jay rolled his eyes at him. "Thankfully, I have a very sharp memory and observation skills."

"Since when did you found out?" Jake asked, curious.

He never told anyone about his secret relationship with Sunghoon— except Heeseung. Although he trust Jay more than anybody else, Jake never opened up about Sunghoon to him. It was still unknown to him how Jay knows.

"Everytime Sunghoon attends class in highschool, you skip council meetings," Jay said. "And I may or may not peeked through your phone all those times you left it unlocked in front of me."

Jake only nodded.

It's not that he was careless, he just believed no one would dare look through his phone like that. He was not mad at Jay, too. It didn't matter now, and at least Jay has kept his mouth shut about it— and is now keeping him company.

Jay is a great friend.

+++

Jake was able to get through the week just fine. He learned how to deal with his broken heart at day and cry his heart out every night. He was able to conceal his puffy red eyes and managed to make everyone believe he was just doing multiple task until late at night, except Jay of course.