50

Chapter 50 Underground Warehouse

Novel: "I am reborn and set up a street stall in the apocalypse" |Shihu | Updated: Collected: 3 years ago

What Chen Hailong didn't know was that the man actually didn't tell Xiao Liang about the warehouse at all.

The information he provided to Xiao Liang was that there was a food packaging factory here, which was responsible for the packaging and packaging of products of a certain domestic grain and oil brand.

It was Xiao Liang who associated the name of this food packaging factory with a tragic incident she had heard about in her previous life.

That tragic incident happened in early March of the following year. By that time, the weather had begun to get warmer. The survivors in D City couldn't hold back and began to explore outside in groups of twos and threes.

After being holed up in the city for several months, almost all the survivors were so hungry that their faces were emaciated. Finally, the severe cold and snowstorms passed, and people naturally left their bases again.

Long-term hunger, thirst, and severe cold made the survivors in D City immediately start the second round of searching for supplies as soon as they were freed.

They rummaged around like crazy, digging up and removing countless ruins. The small amount of food buried inside was eagerly devoured by everyone as soon as it came to light again.

Unfortunately, Xiao Liang and Xiao Liang's companions are doing the same thing as everyone else.

Everyone was starving, and any bit of food was very precious to them.

It was during such a crazy sweep that someone discovered the underground warehouse of the food factory.

It's a pity that all the food in the underground warehouse at that time had been fed to rats.

The rats all grew fat and big-eared, and because they drank contaminated water, all of them had red eyes and were irritable and crazy.

Later, when there was no food in the warehouse, these rats started biting each other.

When a team of survivors looking for food broke in, the first reaction of these rats was to pounce on them and eat them all.

The team of survivors never dreamed that the granary they thought had turned into a rat's nest full of blood and stench.

Everyone was caught off guard and were soon surrounded by rats.

By the time the rest of their team realized something was not right, organized their manpower, and came together to find them, the previous survivors had already been torn apart by the rats.

The dark red blood had long since dried up, and the horrific human skeletons fell to the ground in a mess, frightening the survivors who came to look for people, screaming and running away.

After the news spread, the mouse family that had made their nest in the granary also followed and rushed into the nearby survivor camp.

Those small safe areas relatively close to the granary were soon infested by no less than ten rats.

Other groups of survivors who were also relatively close to the granary had no choice but to move quickly with their few supplies.

But the problem is, they can run, and the mice also have legs.

The fat rats that have lost their minds are migrating in groups, following the footsteps of humans.

In this process of chasing and escaping, a large part of the already few survivors in D City were lost to the sharp teeth of the rats.

Faced with unprecedented pressure to survive, the survivors of D City, who finally realized that escape was not an option, had to put aside their past grudges and join forces to eliminate their current common enemy.

In Xiao Liang's previous life, she and Ye Shaoyang were both survivor leaders active at the forefront of the rodent eradication camp.

One of them provided a large amount of rodenticide to the survivors of City D for free, while the other led his own team members to urgently build a safe boundary between humans and rats.

At that time, Chen Hailong, Zhen Zhi and others were still with Ye Shaoyang. They cooperated with Ye Shaoyang and spent a lot of time and energy to build a line of defense between mice and humans.

During that period, Chen Hailong was frantically overdrafting his metal powers almost every day - he wanted to use his metal powers to destroy the stones, iron plates, steel bars and other materials that his teammates and other survivor teams had collected with great difficulty. Things that are too easy to be chewed or scratched are all made into walls according to local conditions.

The wall was built quickly, and the rat eradication operation was carried out very smoothly, but the survivors who died before and during this period will never come back.

In this life, Xiao Liang doesn't want the survivors in D City to encounter the same thing again.

Hmm...well, she mainly didn't want to buy a lot of rat poison from her system store.

She must know that the rat poison in her previous life cost her a total of 20,000 virtual gold coins.

Twenty thousand is enough for her to buy several kilograms of rice.

In order not to give those rats the chance to grow stronger and multiply rapidly, thereby wasting a large amount of her virtual gold coins, Xiao Liang decisively decided to vacate the underground warehouse before it started to snow.

Flour, dry noodles, sweet potato vermicelli, potato vermicelli accounted for one third of the warehouse... She and Zhen Zhitong ran back and forth five or six times.

The other third is millet, red beans, mung beans, black beans, barley, buckwheat, oats, peanuts, sesame...another five or six jumbles.

Ye Shaoyang and others moved half of the last third of the rice, black rice, and red rice. Xiao Liang asked his friends to move the remaining half after asking for everyone's opinions.

One of Xiao Liang's three roommates has joined a team composed of her friends of the same race, and the other two have returned to their hometowns with their fellow villagers to look for relatives.

Only Qi Xiuxiu and Jiang Wenhui still remain in the small group they originally formed.

They now have a group of trustworthy companions. The only flaw is that Qi Xiuxiu and Jiang Wenhui's weird roommate is now in the same team as them.

Although Xiao Liang disagreed with this, she could understand that Qi Xiuxiu and Jiang Wenhui couldn't help themselves.

After all, that woman was a classmate who lived in the same dormitory with them. They wanted to form a team and the other party wanted to come in. It was not easy for them to forcefully drive the other party away before the other party did anything excessive.

You must know that in the team that Qi Xiuxiu and the others are in, more than 80% of the team members are young men and women from their same class or department.

We have been studying together for three years, and we see each other every day. We all have a certain respect for each other.

Before Qi Xiuxiu and Jiang Wenhui's weird roommate did something that caused public outrage, everyone would not exclude her from hugging them together for warmth.

Of course, no one likes or welcomes her. After all, even if the apocalypse comes, this girl still hasn't changed her selfishness and willfulness.

When doing things, he is picky and picky. When there are supplies, he always wants to eat more and occupy more, without caring about other people's feelings. When he encounters danger, he hides further than anyone else. What's more, this guy He would also shout "danger, danger" while confidently urging others to take risks.