So Lucky

A/N: You guys seem to like the ones where Nick is protevtive/takes care of Charlie so I thought I'd write another!

Hope you guys like it, it's not my best since I'm still getting out of writer's block 😅 let me know what you think! Xx

Charlie huffed in frustration as he tried to get some homework done in form but couldn't concentrate. He woke up this morning not feeling well, he tried to stay home but his mom didn't let him. She didn't want him to miss a test, but if he took the test when he didn't feel well he wouldn't do well on it. Charlie didn't understand his mom sometimes but didn't have the energy to argue about it so he decided to power through the day. It was Friday, so at least he could relax the next day.

Charlie didn't realize he was lost in thought until Nick poked his shoulder.

"Hey luv, you alright?" Nick wondered, his eyes shined with worry.

Charlie blushed as Nick called him luv, he still couldn't believe that he was his boyfriend. "I'm just not feeling good is all," Charlie said, he laid his head on the desk with a sigh.

Nick pouted, "Want me to bring you to the nurse?" He asked. "No it's okay," Charlie assured and began to fall asleep on the desk.

Mr.Lange walked over as Charlie didn't answer for attendance and tapped the desk. Charlie looked up and rubbed his eyes, "Mmm?"

"If you're not feeling well go to the nurse." Mr.Lange told Charlie since he never usually fell asleep in class.

Charlie sighed and got up, "Okay maybe I should." He gave in.

"I'll walk you,"  Nick tried to say but frowned as Mr.Lange stopped him, "I'm sure that Mr.Spring can get to the nurse by himself." He said, causing Nick to blush in embarrassment. He wanted an excuse to be with Charlie.

Charlie chuckled softly and grabbed his belongings, "I'll text you," He assured Nick and began to make his way to the nurse. The nurse knew him by name at this point, he had been there a lot for panic attacks during the bullying last year. "Hi Charlie, it's been a while." She smiled at him. Her name was Amber.

"Hi, yeah it has." Charlie set down his bag on one of the plastic chairs. "I got sent here because I fell asleep during form, and I'm just not feeling well." He explained. Amber got up and grabbed the thermometer, "You do look pale hun. Why don't you take a seat and I'll check your temperature."

Charlie did as he was told and let her take his temperature. "You have a fever of 102 which is pretty high, I'll call your mom to come get you," Amber assured.

Charlie sighed and nodded, he pulled out his phone to let Nick know.

Char: hey babe just to let you know I'm going home early, I got a fever 🤒

Nicky: oh no! 😟

Nicky: Get some extra rest. I'll stop by after school to check on you if you're up for it!!

Charlie smiled at Nick's reply. How could he be so perfect??

Char: I'm always up for a visit from you, it would cheer me up ❤️

Charlie set down his phone and looked up as Amber came over to him. "Just got off the phone with your mom, she's on her way. She didn't sound too happy about leaving work, but I'll have a chat with her when she gets here." She assured.

Charlie nodded and tapped his foot anxiously, he knew Jane was going to be pissed. He was going home early, that's all that mattered to him at the moment when he felt like shit.

"I swear this better not be just because of a headache," Jane said as she walked in about 20 minutes later. "Mrs.Spring, he has a 103 fever," Amber said for him.

Charlie was relieved that at least the nurse was on his side. "Okay, let's go," Jane told Charlie with a sigh. Charlie got up and grabbed his stuff, following her out of the building. "I need to drop you off at home and then go back to work. I'm busy today and thanks to you I had to leave the office." Jane ranted in annoyance, not realizing that she was making her son feel bad.

"I'm sorry," Charlie said quietly as he got into the car. He put his backpack on his lap and fiddled with the strap. Why couldn't she just ask if he was okay and be there for him? Jane pulled up to the house and looked at him, "Rest up."

Charlie grabbed his stuff and got out of the car, "Nick is going to come by later." He informed. "Alight I just wouldn't want him to get sick," Jane said in annoyance.

Charlie didn't say anything, he just shut the car door and walked into the house. He grabbed a water bottle and walked upstairs, he didn't have any appetite for a snack because his stomach hurt. He took some cold medicine and got under the covers, wanting to disappear.

After he fell asleep for about three hours, the teenager woke up with a groan as there was a knock at the front door. But the groan quickly turned into a smile as he realized it was Nick at the door. Charlie walked over to the door the best he could without tripping since he felt dizzy, and opened it.

"Well, morning sleepyhead." Nick teased satisfied with his joke since it was late now. Charlie rolled his eyes in amusement pulled Nick in and shut the door behind him.

"We probably shouldn't kiss or hug I don't want to get you-" but before Charlie could finish his sentence Nick pulled him into a hug.

Charlie didn't complain, he sunk into his boyfriend's arms and hid in his neck. "Are you home alone while you're sick?" Nick asked in surprise as he noticed the empty house. Charlie nodded, "My parents are working late and Tori is at Michael's." He fiddled with Nick's hand.

"Well damn, I'm glad I'm here then. Why don't you go lay down and I'll make us some dinner?" Nick suggested he had a feeling Charlie hadn't eaten yet.

Charlie smiled the best he could with a nod and walked upstairs. His stomach felt a bit off still but he trusted Nick to cook something he could handle while he was sick. Charlie laid down and sunk back under the covers.

About a half hour went by and Nick came into Charlie's bedroom, "I made you some plane pasta it'll be easy on your stomach I hope that's good." He rambled.

Charlie chuckled at Nick's adorable ramble and nodded, "Yes. Anything by you is good."

Nick laid down beside Charlie and handed him the tray of food. "Eat as much as you can, you need food in your stomach so your body can get better." He rubbed Charlie's side gently.

Charlie leaned into Nick and sighed softly, "How did I get so lucky?"