"I Do Want To Come Out"

A/N: THe TRAILER was RELEASED Yesterday omg it's so perfect 😫 8 more days till season 2! Part of the trailer gave me a one-shot idea after watching it like 36 times 😅 I hope you guys like it!
Tw: Ben Hope, stress, anxiety

Nick walked into the gym where the GCSE testing was being held and drew a sharp breath. He knew that today was going to be hard. He had to remind himself what Sarah told him that morning, "Don't be hard on yourself, this test will only go well if you put what you know." She was the best mom, Nick didn't know what he'd do without her.

Nick was about to follow the crowd of students to get his test when he bumped into someone. "Watch where you're going." A familiar voice scuffed. A voice that Nick did not want to hear at all, especially right before an important test.

It was Ben; the guy who caused his boyfriend trauma. The guy he had to yank off of Charlie before he could do anything worse.

Nick clenched his jaw and turned to him, "More like you shouldn't bump into me. Each time I look at you I want to punch you." He said. Nick never thought that he would hate anyone in Truham until he met Ben Hope.

"Oh really?" Ben started with a smirk. "Does Charlie know you don't want to come out yet?" Ben's question threw Nick off guard. He couldn't answer in time as the line moved up and they had to get their tests and go sit at tables with dividers so you couldn't read off of the person sitting beside you.

Of course, Ben was seated next to him. Nick rubbed his face as he sat down and anxiously fiddled with his pencil, "I do want to come out. You out of all people shouldn't ask me that. Since you're still in the closet too." He snapped.

Thankfully this caused Ben to shut up as the first out of many tests began.

Nick drew a sharp breath as he stared at the test in front of him, he knew he had to calm down and focus before he could answer any. GCSEs are a big deal, the scores have to look good to move on to go to University. Even some Employers after University look at GCSE scores.

(I had to do some research about GCSE tests since I'm in America not the UK 😂 hope that's right)

Nick was not going to let Ben ruin his future. He piled his head into his hands, taking yet another deep breath before beginning the test.

****

Hours later once the tests were finished, Nick celebrated with his classmates knowing they were officially done. He didn't feel like he did too bad, since he had Charlie to help him study as long as they weren't making out on the floor instead.

All Nick wanted to do was to go home and be wrapped up in Charlie's arms.

Nick sighed in relief as his mom pulled up in the parking lot and got into her car. He plopped into his seat dramatically, "thank god take me home please." he whined.

"How did you think you did?" Sarah wondered as she began to drive home. "I think I did...okay." Nick leaned against the car windowsill and checked his phone for the first time all day since they weren't allowed during testing.

Nick smiled as he realized his phone had 10 unread messages that were all from Charlie.

Char: I just know you are going to do great babe!

Char: you have all the answers you need stored in that brain of yours

Char: maybe now you can give me all the answers when I take it next year :)

Char: lol jk

Char: you've worked so hard this past year you're going to do great

Char: I love you so much ❤️

Char: when you are done I'll give you snuggles as your reward

Char: you're too handsome to be nervous about a test

Char: you're going to kick GCSEs ass!

Char: okay I gtg now Mr.Farouk is about to take my phone lmao to love you 😂❤️ text me once ur done!!

Nick shook his head fondly as he read each text. Charlie is something else. He felt bad that he couldn't reply till hours later.

Nicky❤️: Lmao thank you babe, just finished I think my head is going to explode

Nicky❤️: I'm in DESPERATE need of snuggles

Nicky❤️: pls come over!

Char: on my way!!

"Charlie is coming over." Nick announced to his mom with a look of love on his face.

Sarah chuckled as they pulled into the driveway when they got home, "I figured he would."