Rumors

Classmates were whispering and giggling about some shit that was spreading around the school. Nick felt terrible in his gut that it was about him as he walked into school.
Was it about him? Did people find out he was bi? Did people know about him and Charlie? His heart began to beat fast as he walked over to the usual picnic tables he sat at every morning. This will assure his worries; Harry will make sure he knows it's about him or not.

"There is no way," Harry said as Nick sat with them. Nick drew a sharp breath, 'here we go.' He thought to himself.

"Why are you hanging out with Charlie Spring so much?" Harry quizzed.

Nick tensed and fiddled with his backpack strap. Why did they have to bring up Charlie? He didn't deserve any more rumors. He went through enough bullying already.

"I am. So what?" Nick tried hard not to snap, knowing it would make things worse.

"The rumors must be right then." Harry mocked, sitting up with a smug explanation. Nick's face went pale, and he tried not to go into a panic. He was right; it was about him. Nick was tired of this already.

"What rumors?" Nick wanted to clarify before he outed himself. The young teenager had to convince himself, but if anything wrong were being said about Charlie, he would clarify it right away. Charlie didn't deserve it, and if he had to come out during the blow, he'd deal with it.

"You're Charlie's boyfriend. He turned you gay." Harry went on. Nick sighed deeply breath to prepare himself. He is tired of hiding who he is anyway. He is going to come out as bi. This was not how he had planned, but it was time.

"I am Charlie's boyfriend." Nick managed out. The table went quiet, and they stared at him in shock; that's clearly what they weren't expecting.

"I'm not gay; I'm bisexual. There's a difference." Nick got up and grabbed his bag as the bell went off. "You can't be turned gay, Harry. Are you just sad that you missed your chance with Charlie?" He sassed and smirked as their group ooed and laughed at his insult, and when Harry got all flustered. "I got to go to class." Nick walked off, and instead of going to math, he rushed into the nearest guys' bathroom.

Nick sat in a stall and began to cry. It wasn't because he was ashamed of coming out with Charlie, but surprised he did it so soon. It wasn't how he had planned, his mind was spinning, and he felt like going into a panic attack. He grabbed his phone and called Charlie, the first thing that came to mind when panicking.

"Nick?" Charlie answered after the first ring. He had stepped out of class worried since Nick never called during the school day; something had to be up.

"Please come to the boy's bathroom by the front doors." Nick cried and wiped his eyes, feeling embarrassed.

"I'm on my way." Charlie rambled out. He ignored the teacher calling his name.

When Charlie rushed to the bathroom, Nick asked him to go. Charlie froze in surprise as he saw Nick sitting on the floor in a stall, crying. His heart shattered.

"Babe?" Charlie called out.

"I came out." Nick managed through cries. Charlie sat beside his boyfriend and hugged him close, wanting to do anything to calm him down. "You...you came out?" Charlie asked in shock, to make sure he heard this right.

Nick nodded and hid behind Charlie's shoulder, wanting the world to disappear so it was only them.

"I did." Nick sniffled. "Harry was being a jerk, and rumors were spreading about us, so I confirmed it." He rambled.

Charlie had big eyes as he looked at his boyfriend. He never thought anyone would want to be out with him after what Ben did. He pulled Nick close and kissed his forehead,

"I'm so proud of you."

Nick leaned into Charlie, exhausted after the panic attack. He wanted to stay in Charlie's arms forever and for nobody to bother them.

"Want to go home early? We can go to yours and snuggle with Nellie." Charlie offered, playing with Nick's hair gently.

Nick nodded in response. He got up with Charlie and they walked out the door, holding hands; finally not caring if anyone saw.