School without Char

A/N: first chapter of 2023! I hope everyone had a good New Year! This chapter is short but cute, hope you enjoy!

Nick walked into school with a big smile. He's never the type to be excited about going to school. But now that he has a boyfriend who he gets to sit next to in form everyday, it gets him through the day.

"Morning." Nick greeted the form teacher, Mr.Lange as he made his way in. He sat down at his assigned table, patiently waiting for Charlie to come in.

As Nick waited, his mind began to spiral. Nick realized he should thank Mr.Lange for putting him next to Charlie for assigned seating. They never would have met otherwise and Nick wouldn't have had his bi awakening.

Nick looked up at the clock with a dramatic pout. It was now five minutes until class started and Charlie wasn't here yet. He was usually here by now. Nick knows that since Charlie's anxiety wouldn't allow him to be late to any class without feeling guilty. He teased him about that before but in reality he thought that it was adorable.

"class let's begin." Mr.Lange hummed as the bell rang.

Now, Nick was beginning to get worried. He snuck his phone under the table to check his phone.
He knew it was a risky move since phones weren't allowed but he needed to check on Charlie, or else he wouldn't be able to concentrate in class.

Nicky: hey are you okay? You aren't in class? 🥺❤️

Nick sighed in relief as the typing bubbles popped up instantly meaning Charlie was responding. He looked up to make sure the teacher didn't notice.

Char: I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you! I'm staying home bc I'm sick with a fever :/

Nick pouted at his phone. He felt bad that his boyfriend wasn't feeling good now. He definitely needed to stop to get Charlie some soup after school. God, he fell so hard for Charlie. He was a little obsessed as Tao tells him.

Nicky: oh no! It's okay rlly! I just got worried bc you didn't show up to form. I love you and I hope you feel better soon! :( I'll stop by and bring you soup after school! ❤️

Char: ur such a good bf. I love you. Sm. Xx

Char: how are you even using ur phone rn? I just realized ur supposed to be in form?!

Nick smiled down at his phone like an idiot. Ur such a good boyfriend. repeated in his mind over and over.

Nicky: hiding my phone under the table to txt you :) ur worth it!

Char: omg you dork! Go do ur work!!

Nicky: ugh fineee. Love u! I'll stop by later with soup!

Char: love you too!

***

Charlie laid in bed barely able to move. He woke up with a fever and was very achy. He tried to go to school anyway, not caring about his symptoms. But Jane insisted that he stayed home, at least that meant she cared.

Charlie was not excited about going to school, he wanted to go to see Nick. Yes his other friends of course, but mostly...Nick. Sitting next to Nick in form made his day. Nick's smile and laugh was so contagious.

Nick even promised to get him soup...how did he get so lucky? Nick was so pure and loving, Charlie felt so grateful to have Nick. He fell asleep, snuggling into Nick's hoodie he managed to steal with a soft smile on his face.