Home

A/N: I'm surprised I haven't written a one-shot about my favorite lesbian couple yet!!

TW: abuse, swearing, anxiety

Home doesn't have to be a place, it can be a person too. Darcy didn't believe that at first since she'd been let down by people her whole life. That is until she met Tara Jones. She didn't feel safe until she was in Tara's arms or standing by her, holding her hand.

She didn't know what she'd do without Tara, and tonight proved it. Darcy sat in her room, where she stayed most of the time if her mom was home. She was supposed to be cleaning her room but felt so drained from the school day that all she could do was sit at her bed and scroll through her phone.

"Do you know what knocking is?" Darcy asked in frustration as her mom swung open her bedroom door, "That was very rude of you." She mumbled in sarcasm. Sarcasm and making jokes were one of Darcy's main coping mechanisms.

"You know what's rude? The fact that you're sitting there on your ass instead of cleaning like you should be!" Her mom scowled, standing at the doorway with her arms crossed.

"I just got home from school! Can't I relax a bit before cleaning!?" Darcy tried, taking a deep breath. She knew that arguing would make things worse at this point.

"You don't think I feel the same way about coming home from work to see shit fucking everywhere?" Her mom shouted.

Darcy flinched and had teary eyes, can't she get a break? "All you do when you get home from work is fucking sit on the couch and drink!" Darcy finally snapped.

She knew what was coming. She didn't even react as she got slapped in the face for her comeback. "Get out." Her mom seethed.

Darcy rolled her eyes and grabbed the bag she had packed of everything she needed in case this happened again and stormed out of the house. She'd rather be somewhere else anyway. She walked out of the house she didn't call home and pulled out her phone.

Darcy: can I come over?

Darcy: I just got kicked out

There was a reply in a matter of seconds, this caused Darcy to smile to herself. No matter what she knew that Tara had her back.

Tara: yes!

Tara: Come over pls!

Tara: I got nothing to do anyway

Tara: are you okay?

Darcy stared at her phone as she walked, unsure how to respond.

Was she okay? She was so used to her mom being like this that she felt numb and didn't know how she felt.

Darcy: I just need to be with you

Tara: well come over then!!

Darcy: I'm on my way xx

Darcy walked up to Tara's front door, luckily they lived close to each other. She knocked and chewed her lip as she waited for someone to open the door hoping that it would be Tara.

Thankfully, it was. Tara opened the door and looked at her girlfriend with big worried eyes. Darcy forced a smile but rushed into Tara's arms, clearly needing a hug.

"All I did to get kicked out was I didn't clean my room," Darcy mumbled as she clung to Tara.

Tara pouted and hugged Darcy closer. "Well...Now you could hang out with me in my messy room." She said to try to listen to the mood.

Darcy chuckled and looked at Tara, "Can snuggle and we watch a movie?" She begged.  "Yes of course we can." Tara smiled and gently pulled Darcy inside. Darcy clung to Tara's hand and followed her in. She made sure to greet Tara's mom before the young couple walked upstairs to cuddle. It was their way of hiding away from their problems and feeling safe again. It always worked for Darcy.

A/N: I don't like the length or how this one went but let me know what you guys think!!