What If

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING!!⚠️:
sexual assault, violence, harassment

Make sure to Be safe reading!

I won't be offended if you need to skip this chapter if it's too much of a trigger for you! I only write it to spread awareness about this kind of stuff going on, and the plot from heartstopper.

What if Nick didn't follow Charlie after rugby practice? (Season 1)
• I put a little twist on it thanks to greenappleboydraco  Request!

Charlie huffed in frustration as his phone kept buzzing every couple of seconds when he was trying to get changed for rugby practice.
It went off so much that even Nick noticed, which was embarrassing as fuck. As soon as practice was over, Charlie rushed to the locker room before everyone else and hit the first notification that popped up, not expecting it to be a call from a number he didn't recognize.

"Hello?" Charlie answered and chewed his lip anxiously.

Anxiety washed over him during the whole practice when Ben kept texting him. Why couldn't Ben just leave him alone?

"Hey, it's Harry Greene. Ben told me to let you know that he wanted to meet up with you when practice is over for some reason." Harry explained.

Charlie rubbed his face in confusion.

could this day get any weirder? Why the fuck was Harry Greene out of all people calling him?? He didn't understand.

"Okay?... Why are you calling me?" Charlie asked, "You could've just gone up to me and told me in the locker room. We are at the same practice." He said, getting annoyed.

"I could've, but Ben told me to call you since you weren't answering his texts. Meet him at the music block." Harry said.

Charlie rolled his eyes and hung up the phone. The fact that Ben got Harry involved was ridiculous. He had to meet up with Ben now, to tell him to leave him alone if doing it over messages didn't work.

"Hey, you okay?" Nick's voice startled Charlie out of his thoughts.

Charlie looked up to see Nick looking at him with worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, fine." Charlie mumbled and grabbed his bag, "I got to go I'm meeting up with someone. See you later." He rambled as he gathered his belongings, before rushing out of the locker room.

God, he was so embarrassed.

Why did he have to be so awkward anytime he talked to Nick?! He just wanted the day to be over. Luckily it was going to be after he met up with Ben. He had to get that over with.

Charlie walked into the music block, taking a deep breath. His gut was screaming at him to leave and not go to talk to Ben.

"You're wearing a coat? It's not even cold." Ben scuffed as Charlie walked into the room.

"It's February." Charlie sighed.

"Lame." Ben rolled his eyes at that.

"What do you want Ben?" Charlie stepped back, trying to keep their distance.

Ben tried to walk up to Charlie to rub his face, but Charlie quickly stepped back and shoved Ben's arm away.

"Don't touch me," Charlie said sternly.

"God! What's your problem? I'm trying to be nice." Ben said in annoyance as Charlie rejected him.

"I said I don't want to meet up with you anymore," Charlie repeated, agitated.