Drunk Boyfriend

Nick looked around the crowd trying to find one specific curly headed guy. He sighed and sipped his beer. He had wondered off for one second to talk to Imogen and now he couldn't find Charlie!

"have you seen Charlie?" Nick walked up to a group of guys he recognized from the rugby team.

Otis, one of his good friends motioned over to a corner of the room. There, Charlie was slumped against the couch talking to Tao and Elle.

Oh thank god.
Charlie was okay.

Nick sighed in relief and rushed over to them.

"Nickkkyyy!" Charlie slurred out and got up from the couch, stumbling as he did so.

Nick looked at his boyfriend in surprise, was he drunk? He didn't think Charlie was the type to want to get drunk at this kind of party. Nick looked at Tao and Elle in confusion as if asking for answers. Tao got the hint right away.

"we're pretty sure Charlie's soda got spiked. I kept an eye on him when you were talking to Imogen since he is an easy target." Tao rambled out.

Nick rubbed his face, he was frustrated with himself. He shouldn't have wondered off from Charlie. It was his job as Charlie's boyfriend to protect him, and he failed.

"Noo, babbeee Are you madd at me?" Charlie slurred, he pouted and rubbed his boyfriend's chest.

Nick shook his head and held charlie up gently. "No babe." He assured. "Let's get you home." He picked up Charlie who didn't even protest and giggled in response.

"Good luck." Elle called with a giggle. "You're never going to have to take care of me drunk." She assured Tao who smiled and kissed Elle softly.

***

Nick pulled up to the Spring household. He rubbed his face and glanced over at Charlie who was asleep in the passenger seat.

Crap, the light was still on in the living room. Julio and Jane were still awake waiting for Charlie to get home. How was he going to explain that their son got drunk when he got distracted? Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Okay babe we are home." Nick told Charlie. Charlie stirred in the seat with a cute whine and refused to get up.

Nick chuckled a bit and got out of the car. He opened the passenger seat and picked Charlie up bridle style.

"Ohh spicy" Charlie slurred and hid in nick's neck.

Nick nervously walked into the house, with charlie in his arms. Jane looked up and froze at the scene. Julio had a worried expression.

"Uhm, we went to a party and Charlie's drink got spiked. I swear I was keeping an eye on him and" Nick rambled out with big nervous eyes.

"It's okay." Jane assured, she was more worried about her son then mad. "Let's just get Charlie to bed. It's late."

Nick sighed in relief and adjusted Charlie in his arms. "I'll get charlie upstairs. It's my fault that-" he was about to say but Julio interrupted him.

"It's not your fault Nick. You can't keep an eye on charlie 24:7. And you weren't the one who spiked his drink." Julio assured. Nick smiled in relief and carried Charlie upstairs, who was asleep in nick's arms drooling on his chest. How attractive.

"Mmmm." Charlie mumbled out tiredly as Nick placed him on his bed gently. "Goodnight babe." Nick kissed Charlie's forehead gently.

Charlie smiled goofily up at Nick. "Mmmm. I love youuu." He giggled out, hiding in his pillow.

Nick froze a bit, with a deep blush. They haven't said those words yet, and charlie was drunk. Did he mean it?

"I love you too babe. Now get some sleep for me." Nick kissed charlie softly before walking downstairs. How did he get so lucky? Minus his boyfriend being drunk.