Overtired Mistake

Tw: Ben (🤮) anxiety, mention of sexual assault, depression

"Charlie!" Tori threw a pillow at her brother who was still sleeping in bed. His alarm was going off, the beeping echoing throughout the second floor. How was he sleeping during this? She hit him with the pillow again as her first attempt didn't seem to work. Charlie let out a sigh and sat up, rubbing his red puffy eyes. Tori raised an eyebrow at him in concern, it meant he had been crying most of the night.

"Missing Nick?" Tori guessed. She knew her brother like the back of her hand and can guess the cause of his emotions unlike anyone else. Charlie nodded and wiped up the dried tears that were under his eyes from before.

"Yes, I had to say goodbye to Nick yesterday, he packed up and left for University. I should be happy for him, which I am!! But it's going to be so weird to be at school without him." Charlie explained.

Tori nodded and pulled him out of bed since she knew that he wouldn't by himself.

"It's okay to miss someone. You're not selfish for that, Nick misses you too for sure. That boy is obsessed with you." Tori teased, smirking at the blush that painted across his cheeks.

"He's not!" Charlie protested, even though part of him knew the truth. He got up and scrambled to find his school uniform to change into.

"Mmm. Just get ready we're going to be late." Tori said before walking out of the room.

Charlie sighed as he began his usual morning routine, how was he going to survive the first day of school without Nick with only two hours of sleep? God, this is already turning out a nightmare of a day. The answer was caffeine. Charlie rushed downstairs to the kitchen, knowing if he didn't get the coffee now he would be late.

"Charlie we got to go!" Tori called from the front door as she put on her shoes.

Charlie whined as the coffee was not ready yet. He had to leave it behind as he grabbed his bag and a jacket, hurriedly pulling on his shoes as he followed Tori out the door. Now he was going to have to survive the day without caffeine.

"Did you sleep? At all?" Tori asked as they sat at their usual spot on the bus. Charlie shook his head with a sigh. "Well, two hours." He mumbled in response.

"Good luck," Tori said as the bus parked at Turham's entrance. She was worried about how he was going to get through the day.

Charlie nodded, giving her a thumbs-up before walking into the building.

There was a space next to him as if something or someone was missing. That someone was Nick.

Charlie checked his schedule to make sure he had the right classroom for his new form and walked to the teacher to get his spot. God, how he wished he would sit next to Nick again.

"Hi, Mr.Spring. Glad you're joining my form! You will be sitting at the table by the back window." The older women announced.

Charlie nodded and walked over to the table and sat down. He set his bag down and got out some homework he had to work on. He didn't realize someone had sat right across from him till they cleared their throat.

Charlie jumped in surprise and looked up to see who his new form partner was. His face fell and he froze like a deer in headlights, he felt like he was about to be hit by a car. Ben Hope sat before him. His worst nightmare is coming true, he had to sit across from the guy that caused him trauma and PTSD.

"I know on sports day you told me to leave you alone. Since we now have to sit together, I wanted to get some closure about what happened and apologize." Ben said, fiddling with his pencil as if he was nervous about Charlie's response.