From, Ben

A/N: mention of sexual assault, Ben Hope

Charlie wasn't the one to find the notification on his phone, Nick was. Charlie was in the shower humming as Nick hung out on Charlie's bed.

Nick was playing a game on Charlie's phone while his charged. "Babe, you got an email!" Nick called over to his boyfriend. He didn't want to go through Charlie's phone without his permission.

"You can check it!!" Charlie called back as he began to wash his hair. He had nothing to hide from Nick. He would let Nick go through his whole phone for all he cared.

Nick clicked the gmail app, he was expecting the email to be some junk or something from Thurman. But he froze, his jaw clenched as he read the name of who sent the email.

Benjamin@gmail.com

Nick took a deep breath, trying hard not to overreact.
Maybe it was an accidental send. Or a glitch, it had to be a glitch. Ben hadn't talked to Charlie in over two years after Nick yanked Ben away from Charlie in the music room.

Nick set the phone aside, he had to wait for Charlie to read this email for sure. Charlie had to make the decision if he even wanted to.

"Who was the email from?" Charlie asked as he walked out of the shower. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, a small smile appeared at the sight of Nick.

Charlie's hair was damp and fell onto his forehead. His smile faded as he saw how Nick was, clenching his jaw and holding Charlie's phone tightly.

"Did someone die?" Charlie asked the first thought that came to mind.

This caused Nick to laugh and shake his head. "No, nobody died." He assured. He handed Charlie his phone back.

"So, who was the email from then?" Charlie whined, getting impatient. He sat besides Nick, adjusting his towel to make sure it stayed around his waist.

Nick couldn't help but blush at his boyfriend only in a towel. how could he not? Okay, he had to get back on track.

"Ben." Nick managed out.

Tension and silence flooded through the room.

Charlie went quiet, clicking the gmail app in disbelief as he saw Ben's name appear in his in box.

He swore he blocked Ben on everything. This couldn't be happening. Charlie's face went pale as he saw Nick's expression.

Oh god, was Nick mad at him?

"I swear this is the first time I've heard from Ben in two years. I-I haven't messaged him, I-I blocked him I thought I did!!! I don't even know how he got my e-email in the first place!!!!" Charlie rambled out, pulling his hair in frustration as anxiety rose in his chest.

Nick scooted closer to Charlie and stopped him from pulling his hair. He held both of his Boyfriend's hands onto his lap, to show he wasn't mad and to provide some comfort.

"I'm not mad." Nick assured, rubbing Charlie's knuckles to try to soothe his anxiety.

Charlie took a deep breath and nodded in reply. He was trying to comprehend what was going on.

Did Ben really email him, was this all a dream?

"Do you want me to read you the email?" Nick asked, not knowing if Charlie wanted to hear/read it or not.

Charlie nodded, he fiddled with Nick's hand anxiously. "Y-yes, yeah. that would be a good idea."

Nick scanned it over before beginning to read it out loud.