Nelson Hugs

A/N: thank you guys sm for 2k reads, it means a lot. I love writing this story :)

Sarah sat in her living room with a sigh as she sipped on her tea. It was a late Tuesday night and she just couldn't sleep. Sarah IS happy that Nick went to University and is getting proper education. Still at the same time it's hard as a mom to let your son leave the house and go out into the real world alone. She was nervous, but Sarah knew she raised Nick right enough that he will be okay on his own.

Sarah looked up in surprise as the doorbell rang. She checked the time, 10:35pm. Who would that be? Sarah was not expecting anyone.

"Charlie?" Sarah asked in worry as she opened the door to see Charlie Spring, her son's boyfriend standing at her doorstep. 

It was late, Charlie shouldn't be out walking on his own. The most concerning thing was the tear stains on his cheeks.

"I-I know it's late Mrs.Nelson I'm sorry I can leave-" Charlie rambled out. He's always had this nervous energy that seemed to calm down when Nick was around.

"Oh no, it's no trouble at all come in!" Sarah squeaked, gently pulling the teenager inside. Charlie smiled in relief and took off his shoes once he stepped inside.

"Thank you. I-I know Nick is at University, but he told me that I could always come here if I needed to. I really need a break from my house right now." Charlie rambled out an explanation.

Sarah gently sat charlie down in the kitchen and began to make him a tea to warm him up. "Thank you." Charlie said, almost speechless.

"Nick's right. You are always welcome here." Sarah assured and handed Charlie the mug as the tea was done. "Careful, it's hot." She sat down at the table with him.

Charlie nodded and took a few sips.

"are you going to tell me why you have tear stains on your cheeks, and why you're alone walking at night?" Sarah asked, in a stern tone.

Charlie sighed and set down his mug. he knew this question was coming.

"I got into a fight with my mom. We have been nonstop arguing lately, I needed a break." Charlie explained quietly. He had tired, sad eyes.

Sarah's face went soft she gently grabbed both of Charlie's hands.

"Of course you can come here anytime you need a break."

Charlie smiled at that, he loved Mrs.Nelson so much. "Thanks Sarah." He said shyly.

Sarah smiled in delight, that was the first time charlie used her name and not Mrs.Nelson.

"Do you want a snack or anything?" Sarah asked but then noticed how exhausted charlie seemed.

"Do you want to go upstairs and sleep in Nick's room for the night? It's all made up still from the last time he visited. Nellie would love the company." She hummed.

Charlie smiled and tackled Sarah into a hug. "Thank you so much." He squeaked and rushed upstairs.

Sarah pulled out her phone. 'Charlie is safe at my place. He is going to stay the night.' She messaged Jane.

'Tell him to come home now. He can't just sneak out!' Jane replied angrily.

Sarah rolled his eyes. 'No. Not when your angry. He's staying the night.' She sent.

'Fine.'

Sarah sighed and walked upstairs to check on Charlie. She smiled as she saw Charlie hidden in Nellie's fur who was laying besides him, and he was also cuddling one of Nick's hoodies. Very cute.