Chapter - 8

Dor se tooti patang jaisi, thi ye zindagani meri
Aaj ho kal ho mera naa ho
Har din thi kahani meri
Ik bandhan naya peechhe se abb mujhko bulaaye

Aane waley kal ki kyun fikar mujhko sata jaaye
Ik aisi chubhan iss lamhe me hai
Ye lamha kahaan tha mera aa
Ab hai saamne
Issey chhoo loon zara
Mar jaaoo’n ya jee loon zara..

                                  💔
______________________________________

I woke up in an unfamiliar room with a drip on my left hand . I realised that i was in a hospital room and then all of it hit me again . I pulled the drip out of my hand and got out of the room . I was walking through the hallway when i tripped and landed on someone's shoulders . I held that person tightly by their shoulder . My eyes were closed because of the pain of the chair whose corner hit the thumb of my feet causing me to trip over .

I opened my eyes and saw him ..

I quickly backed away from him and ran away from there .

I found my mother's room and saw her face covered with a white sheet ..

"Mumma ! Mumma ! Mumma !" I called her out many times but she replied to not even one of them .

I fell down to the ground crying so much that it was even difficult to breathe at this moment.

"Gauri ! " Sakshi came running towards me and bent down to my level and hugged me from the side and i tightly hugged her .

"Me-re saat-h hi Aisa kyu ho-ta hai sak-shi ? Peh-le papa phir bh-ai ab mu-mma ! Kyu ? Me-re saath hi hames-ha Aisa kyu ?" I said and broke down .

( Why does all of this happen to me ? First my father then my brother and! Why ? Why does this always happen to me ? now my mother ! )

"Gauri ! Gauri ! Buckle up ! It's not the time for you to break down ! Get up please !" She said sobbing a little bit still trying to comfort me .

"Gauri ! Gauri ! We have to cremate her ! Get up ! Get up !" She said and helped me get up .

She took me from the mortuary to upstairs and made me sit on one of the chairs .

"Here ! Drink it !" She said handing me a glass of water .

"I don't want it sakshi ! I am okay !" I told her .

"Please drink it gauri ! I don't want you to fall sick !" She said and then made me drink that glass of water .

"Sakshi woh --!" I was about to continue when i saw two people entering the hospital.

It was them ! Them ! Those people whom I dreaded the most ! Those people whom I never wanted to see again in my whole life till i die !

"Sakshi ! Sakshi !" I said panicking and getting up from the chair and pointing towards them .

"What happened gauri ! Will you please just calm down !" She said trying to calm me down .

"Look there !" I said pointing towards them .

"Who is there ?" She asked looking  there but her steps also stopped looking there .

"Gauri ! Come let's leave !" She said gripping my wrist .

"No i would rather die myself but i won't let him be here !" I said and freed myself from her grip.

"Gauri no ! Gauri !" She tried calling me thinking that i may stop but i was definitely not in a mood for that !

I just lost the one who was more important to me than my own life so it was pretty obvious that i feared no one in that moment.

I went towards him and held him by his shoulder making him face me .

"Gauri !" He said in a low voice with eyes glincing with fake tears .

"What did you --! " Before i could complete he hugged me .

I was thinking for a second about what just happened. The man who left me with my mother alone was now the one trying to comfort me . I pushed him away from me .

"What do you want now ? Money , house tell me what you need to get out of here ?" I asked him .

"Tum ! Tum chahio mujhe gauri ! Tum meri baachi !" He said trying to trap me in his words .

( You ! I want you gauri ! You my child ! )

"Haha !" I laughed at his words .

"My child ? Oh so where was this child of yours from so many years  ? You didn't even bother knowing if me and mumma were okay ! If we were alive or not ! You left us alone ! You are a traitor, a betrayer, a bloody monster !" I said and pushed him again .

"Stay in your limits ! Didn't your mother teach you how to treat your father ?" He asked holding me from my shoulders .

"She wanted to but she never could because I never had a father because even after having a father he still was never there !" I said crying and looking at him with disgust .

"Get out of here ! I said get out here !" I said and pushed him again but this time he raised his hand to slap me .

Before he could slap me a hand intervened stopping his hand .

"Touch my wife and you I'll know how a doctor who saves lives can take them too !" Aditya said gripping his hand .

"Wife ? What wife ?" He asked.

"My wife Gauri aditya Saina bansal !" He said.

"When did you get married gauri ?" He asked me .

"And you call yourself my father when you don't even know anything about my life !" I said with pain in my voice .

"Your father ? I thought he was dead !" Aditya asked letting go of his hand .

"He is dead to me his soul probably just came to give a visit !" I said and left from there .

I was about to leave from there when a voice called me from behind .

" Gauri ! "
______________________________________

Hope you liked it .

Please vote and comment to show your love and support towards the book ..