chapter- 4

O...
Khairiyat pucho kabhi to kaifiyat pucho
Tumhare bin deewane ka kya haal hai
Dil mera dekho, na meri haisiyat pucho
Tere bin ek din jaise sau saal hai

Anjaam hai tay mera
Hona tumhe hai mera
Jitni bhi hon dooriyan filhaal hain
Yeh dooriyaan filhaal hain..

                              💔

_______________________________________

They both reached the house in a while ! She got down from her car so did they all ! She never wore lehengas  so heavy before but was handling it surprisingly well !

Gauri's pov -

"Gauri beta ! Now you are our daughter ! You are the prosperity of our house beta ! Kick the kalash first then Dip your feet in this alta and enter the house  ! We want your first steps in the house to be embedded in the cloth and our memories forever !" His mother said looking at me with a soft gaze .

Wow ! So the whole family is sugarcoated ! I thought to myself .

"Sure ! As you say !" I said faking a little smile and kicking the kalash and then dipping my feet in the alta and entering the house .

The next few rituals were over in about an hour . I didn't enjoy any of them i just did them to keep them happy . Not because I want to impress them but because my mother taught me basic manners on how to behave with your elders but i only behave nicely with those who do the same too otherwise they can do whatever they want in their power possible but they are not gonna gain my respect for them back .

"Your room is on the first floor beta ! You go and change and sleep ! If you have any problems feel free to tell anyone to help you ! You don't know much about us ! Don't worry i will tell you everything regarding us tomorrow . Right now you must be very tired right ! Go and sleep ! "His mother said and i nodded and went upstairs they offered to help but i don't prefer taking help of others for my work .

He also nodded when his mother was saying that .

Obviously i know that we are going to sleep in the same room . I am not that dumb nor that innocent , but i do know how to face him .

I went to the room and took my suitcase and opened it to take my clothes out and went to the washroom and got changed .

When i came outside I saw him standing at the balcony already changed . Noticing me he came inside and was about to say something but i interrupted him .

"We need to talk !" I said looking at him with a still and straight face .

"About what ?" He asked me confused as to what my question would be .

"About this marriage ! I have some conditions!" I said and sat down on the bed while he went and sat on the other side of the bed .

"Go ahead ! "He said trying to make me feel comfortable.

"1. Don't expect anything from me
2.Don't think about giving this marriage a chance .
3.I don't believe in love and i am pretty sure I can never.
4.I respect you and your boundaries.
5.It would be better if we stay happy in our individual lives .
6.I am only involved in all of this because of my mother .
7.I apologise if i hurt any of your feelings or sentiments but i needed to make it clear !
8.I hate affection so it would be better if you don't show it !
9.Don't try to get close to me . It will only break you ." I said all of that in one go because i didn't want him to develop any hopes.

I told him everything i wanted to make clear ... !

"Who broke you this much ?" He asked me with softened eyes .

"Huh ? "I exclaimed in confusion.

"You appear like you have been broken ! Not once not twice but maybe a million times ! You need someone to call mine  ! Am i right ? "He said looking at me .

"No ! A monster can never love ! It can lead to only two things ! Destruction or death of everyone they love !" I said in a low yet stern voice .

"Hm your conditions are accepted! I respect you , your work and your conditions a lot ! I would try to never break any of the rules or conditions you made ! Stay freely as per your own rules and do whatever you desire to do ! Rest i will make sure no one can affect you or your sentiments in any way possible !" He said in the sweetest way possible .

"Such a sugarcoated person he is !" I thought to myself.

"I have a very important surgery tomorrow so i have to sleep early . You sleep on the bed i will take the couch ! " He said turning to go and sleep on the couch .

"No ! It's your bed not mine ! I am no one to take it away from you ! You don't have to sacrifice your comfort for me ! You take the bed i will take the couch !" I said looking at him .

"No need !" He said looking at me taking blankets out of the cupboard.

"Okay let's do one thing ! We can both sleep on the bed !  By this way both of us can be comfortable ! I said and he turned to face me .

"Are you comfortable with that ?" He asked looking straight into my eyes .

"You are doing so much for me ! I can do this much at least ! And plus I don't say anything until I am hundred percent sure about it  !"I said looking at him .

"Thanks !" He said and laid down next to me on the bed and switched off the lights .

Her mind -

How can someone be this pure and good ! I am sure he is faking it no one can be like this ! He agreed to all of the conditions without hesitation ! Why would anyone sacrifice their comfort for someone else ?..

No i can't think about him ! I can't get attached ! I can't let him get into my head ! Love only leads to pain and i want no more pain in my life .

I thought about it for a while and then  slept .

His mind -

What broke this angel so much ! She looks like she has been broken again and again ! Her eyes tell me what her words can't even express ! I will do whatever in my power possible to cure you ! Whatever is wrong with you i will find it and correct it ! I can't see someone suffering . Her conditions didn't affect me but her expression and the pain in her voice while telling them did affect me a lot ! You are a part of me now ! If you get hurt i will also ! Your pain is now my pain so i will heal it ! I will , i will ! I promise I will !..

He thought about her for a while and in the end ultimately slept too ..

Why were those her conditions ?

Who broke this angel ?

Is he really that good or just pitiful ?

Can she ever lean in and  love him ?

_______________________________________

Hope you all liked it ..

Please VOTE and comment it really means a lot to me...